What's new

BOTL.org Newbie Sampler Thread (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, after a few conversations with a few VETs, it has come to my attention that I need to get added to the list and hopefully get introduced to a vet for my first trade. I've been smoking cigars for about 18 months, am active on another site, and have been around tobacco for much of my life...I currently have a small, but emerging stash of cigars that should make for a good trade.

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Newbies, once your end arrives from your sponsor, please post here or PM me so that I know your trade is complete.

Newbies, if you do not hear from your sponsor in a day or two, PM them!
This is a ONE TIME trade to establish your trader rating.

JDog - Grrrrr609 (noob is sending)
Sauzatime - slidzero
TNT Cigarguy - press_mute
Javajunkie - SMGBS

Newbies waiting for a sponsor:

Sponsors on deck:

OB-left
ATL

canuck section:
aaron
jnt
bdc30

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
It's been a crazy holiday, but a lot of fun. Just prior to Christmas, I got Grrrrr609's sticks and holiday goodies!

Great sticks with some new ones for me to try. I love the Xikar car ashtray, and it will be put to good use, along with the cutter. I've never seen a lighter purge tool before... interesting and can't what to have an opportunity to try it. My wife got a laugh with the monkey. For those that can't tell, you can super stretch the arms and it will fly across the room while making noises. Our Cat has already tried attacking it... good laughs. Thank you again!

My end will go out on Saturday. I need to gather up the sticks... lol.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
ATL's end arrived today. Beautiful selection here- thanks a bunch brother! There are a number of these that I have been wanting to try; that rat in particular is one just begging to be enjoyed on a special occasion. Really appreciate it my friend! Your generosity does not go unnoticed. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356662794.884124.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356662804.220323.jpg

packerjh

Jokey says BOOM!!!!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone...I'm interested in trying this NST out. A couple of questions/assumptions...

1. I request to join as a noob, and I'm paired with a sponsor.
2. Once I see a post from the thread moderator pairing me with my sponsor, I PM the sponsor for address information
3. Once I have my sponsors address, I send him a selection of cigars, posting a Delivery Confirmation # to confirm my shipment
4. Once my sponsor receives my package, he returns fire...

Am I on the right track?

A couple of additional questions that I haven't seen by reading the thread...

1. What should my Noob package consist of (assuming cigars I like)
2. Is there a suggested number of sticks for the Noob to send
3. Is there a $$ amount that is suggested to stay under, or aim for?

Thanks everyone...I am very interested in participating in this trade, but I want to make sure I don't mess it up!

Jason

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
...bunch of valid questions..
you have the general gist of it, man. as far as any guidelines, YOU really set the bar. don't overextend yourself, and don't send what you wouldn't smoke. other than that, send what you feel like sending, and your sponsor will be responsible for answering in a completely reasonable and fair way. mostly. o)

also, pm inbound to SMGBS, so we are IN THE WORKS.

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Newbies, once your end arrives from your sponsor, please post here or PM me so that I know your trade is complete.

Newbies, if you do not hear from your sponsor in a day or two, PM them!
This is a ONE TIME trade to establish your trader rating.

JDog - Grrrrr609 (in the works)
Sauzatime - slidzero (in the works)
TNT Cigarguy - press_mute
Javajunkie - SMGBS (in the works)
OB-left - packerjh
ATL - Danfish98

Newbies waiting for a sponsor:

Sponsors on deck:

canuck section:
aaron
jnt
bdc30

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
this had got to be a first, SMGBS sent FIVERS! not complaining, they were SOLID fivers. look:

the one UC up top is the gordito, the others are vivas. and of course digging the baitfish for my snack size arsenal! actually feel that the pic should be "latest NC pick up" material. o)

well done, bobby, your end flies wednesday.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad you liked it and sorry for the mismatch on the Undercrowns (that was a mistake). All the cigars are smokes that I consider either my 'regulars" or ones that will soon become my regular smokes. Thanks for the positive feedback...I hope that this is the beginning of a wonderful relationship (?movie?)....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
this had got to be a first, SMGBS sent FIVERS! not complaining, they were SOLID fivers. look:

the one UC up top is the gordito, the others are vivas. and of course digging the baitfish for my snack size arsenal! actually feel that the pic should be "latest NC pick up" material. o)

well done, bobby, your end flies wednesday.
Damn Bobby, nicely done! Taking notes for what I'm going to send to ATL.

Status
Not open for further replies.