What's new

BOTL Pipe Newbie Sampler Thread

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Pipe Newbie Sampler thread

The purpose of tis thread is to introduce our BOTL cigar smokers to the Brotherhood of the Briar here on BOTL.

For the Pipe Newbies:
Been curious to try pipes? Sign up and one of our pipe sponsors with trade with you a small sampler of his likes to introduce you to the pleasures of pipe tobacco (or baccy as i tend to call it). When your sponsor has been assigned, contact that sponsor to arrange your trade. Good communication with your sponsor will help ensure a fair trade and also help make your pipe experience enjoyable.

Requirements:
It is my belief that the BOTL Newbies come to this site for cigars, we just want to offer to expand their love/hobby/addiction to pipes and pipe tobacco. Yes, push you down the slippey slope. So with that said, it is required to have a 100% trader rating of one (1) and participated in the Cigar Newbie Sampler Thread. (Requirements subject to change)

For the Sponsors;
For right now, the trades shall consist of cigars for a pipe sampler. Im thinking a 3er of cigars from your sponsee. The cigars being in the midrange price range. Please no dog rockets, and high end HTF isnt really fair. Once you receive the cigars, you shall send your sampler. The sampler shall contain a minimum of, an MM cob, pipe tamp, pipe cleaners, and 5 samples of at least 1/2 ounce. A sample such as this will fit into a SFR. With pipe tobacco being much more affordable than cigars, I feel this is fair. Input and feedback is encouraged and welcome.

All the above is subject to change.
Just wanted to pop this up because i made a couple of adjustments to the rules. Maybe im over thinking this but i want the trades to be as even and fair as possible on both ends. Any advice is accepted. Thanx guys.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I'll be back to join you gents as soon as my newbie cigar trade is complete!
(A pipe was sort of my end-game with the whole cigar venture, but the wifey said not 'til I'm 60. I'm always down to push the limits... :cool: )
See you soon!
Clint

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You both are absolutely right. I am just anxious and excited to give back to this community in anyway I can. I may be back home even sooner than I thought, but we will see how it pans out. Either way, as a sponsor or not, I will be returning fire as well first striking, in the very near future.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Well seeing how i sent out a lot of these starter packs to our now pipe veterans i might as well get in as a sponsor, the only problem i see is that i enjoyed just bombing the shit out of someone who even hinted at trying a pipe not trading. oh well lets give it a go.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Well seeing how i sent out a lot of these starter packs to our now pipe veterans i might as well get in as a sponsor, the only problem i see is that i enjoyed just bombing the shit out of someone who even hinted at trying a pipe not trading. oh well lets give it a go.
Oh yea I lnow how well u like to push brothers down the slippery slope. Added. Thank you

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Sign me up. I'm not necessarily new to pipe smoking persay but I'm still looking for a good tobacco i like. I do have pipes, cleaners and a cheapy plain tamper. Just looking to try new tobacco and see what other people like if that's allowed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4