What's new

BOTL Pipe Newbie Sampler Thread

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
FullSizeRender.jpg

Zack (thedismaltrade) felt the need to destroy my mail box yesterday... They man said he was going to retaliate and he delivered! Thanks so much! I have no idea what to do with this stuff.. But you tube and BOTL pipe readings here I come!!!! thanks so much bro!

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
View attachment 45631

Zack (thedismaltrade) felt the need to destroy my mail box yesterday... They man said he was going to retaliate and he delivered! Thanks so much! I have no idea what to do with this stuff.. But you tube and BOTL pipe readings here I come!!!! thanks so much bro!
That is an awesome starter, and the carter hall is a great start, though flakes look interesting I'd save for later.... Tasty but finnicky at times with packing, drying out etc

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
View attachment 45631

That is an awesome starter, and the carter hall is a great start, though flakes look interesting I'd save for later.... Tasty but finnicky at times with packing, drying out etc
Dave is right on the money. I wrote on the CH bag- START HERE. I also sent LNF- probably the easiest flake to rub and burn. The medallions are easy peezy as you well know. JMPHOTOG- any questions- post up

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like your stem may be upside down, but try smoking it that way first and let us know how it goes. You may be on to a new style!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
View attachment 45631

Nicely done, Zack!

The biggest piece of advice that, as a fellow newb, I can offer is not to get frustrated and give up. Learning to pack a bowl properly takes time and patience (and practice). I think I am finally getting it down myself. While you're learning, there will be plenty of re-lights. That's okay - just enjoy the smoke.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
D'oh newb moment I fixed it lol!! Thanks guys .. I'm smoking it now LOL ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413941177.984446.jpg

Here's a question I know I can't smoke the pipe tomorrow I need to let it rest. But if u wanted to smoke more of the same blend or try a different blend tonight can I do it in the same pipe?

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
D'oh newb moment I fixed it lol!! Thanks guys .. I'm smoking it now LOL View attachment 45636

Here's a question I know I can't smoke the pipe tomorrow I need to let it rest. But if u wanted to smoke more of the same blend or try a different blend tonight can I do it in the same pipe?
Smoke it again- doesn't matter to the cob. Smoke it again tomorrow, cob doesn't care.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You can smoke the hell out of a cob. Worst case you have to buy another for a few bucks.

Which blend did you start with?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
It was a Carter Hall- Burley I believe ... Complete different smoke from cigars.. nice and I love the idea on how I can pack accordingly on how long I wan to smoke plus my wife didn't really complain about tobacco smell on my clothes as much! SCORE! lol

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
D'oh newb moment I fixed it lol!! Thanks guys .. I'm smoking it now LOL View attachment 45636

Looking debonair

HAHAHA I was trying to look like I knew what I was doing bro haha

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Just got my selection in from Deadman's Point, mailman just glared at my house as he put it into the scrap metal pile that used to be my mailbox. Thanks for the selection brother! Which one would you recommend I start with?
pipebaccy.jpg

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Early Morning Pipe and Royal Yacht are good places to start since they are very difficult to pack improperly. After that, pick something that smells campfirey and go for it.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
The generosity of this community never ceases to amaze me. Sean (@javajunkie) blew me away with his end of our trade. Incredibly generous. I'm still reading up on what some of these blends are, but anxious to try them all. I'm sure I'll be back with a whole host of n00b questions, and equally confident I get great answers.

Sean, thanks again. Far too kind!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414203204.891188.jpg

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
The generosity of this community never ceases to amaze me. Sean (@javajunkie) blew me away with his end of our trade. Incredibly generous. I'm still reading up on what some of these blends are, but anxious to try them all. I'm sure I'll be back with a whole host of n00b questions, and equally confident I get great answers.

Sean, thanks again. Far too kind!

View attachment 45744
Jeebus good luck