What's new

BOTL Poker Tournament?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Just gauging interest here, not really sure we have enough people that play...

How many folks would be interested in a BOTL online poker tournament? I'd set it up at Pacific Poker. It's easier to set these things up if the site knows you are bringing in new "customers" so let me know if you already belong. Could probably get one going for $20+$2 or so? If enough people reply I'll see if I can get the ball rolling. The game (NL Texas Hold'em or Omaha, etc.) would be decided by poll after we know we have the people...

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
173   0   0
guys you can play at pogo.com and not have to join up with anyone have a private table..buy in 100 and you can keep track who owes what when they leave...aot eaiser....lmk time the table seats 6 players..

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I'm thinking tourney set up Jerry, and, no offense, but I don't have $100 to be throwing down on the poker table right now! :lol:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Just so I can keep count, that's 3 so far, unless you would be in Jerry?

Full disclosure: I get a kickback for anyone who signs up threw me, that's how I offer the 20% of your deposit +$25 deal. The $25 i get to you after the 15th of the following month you join (when I'm payed). I would try to set this up at the end of a month, that way the wait would be minimal. This is why I'm suggesting this particular site and why I said "it's easier to set these things up if you are bringing customers." So, if we hit 10-15 people I'll go to Pacific and see what they can put together for us.

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Jwrussell said:
I'm thinking tourney set up Jerry, and, no offense, but I don't have $100 to be throwing down on the poker table right now! :lol:

I understand..Im not in....are yall playin with quarters and nickles....LOL Sorry Im kidding naaa no Im not...

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
When and where? I say we play for cigars instead. That's where the money's going anyway. :smt045

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'd be in if I had the money. I desposited the min. $20 one time just to see what it was like, got up to like $56, went to a LAN, left the LAN for like 2 hours to grab some pizza and cigars, and came back to find out that one of the people there had been playing on my account and I now have about $5 or so. :smt093 :smt093 :smt093

TYLER

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
SMOKOZUNA said:
When and where? I say we play for cigars instead. That's where the money's going anyway. :smt045

Best idea Ive heard..here so far....LOL

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
N2Advnture said:
So if I deposit $100 - you will be sending me $20 on the 15th?

Pacificpoker pays us the $25

Meantime, you get $50/person?

You little monkey!!!
Not exactly. Pacific gives you the 20% deposit bonus. You have to play with it to be able to withdraw it, just like most places, but at least here you actually get to use it right away. When I first joined I deposited enough to make the bonus a decent amount, withdrew my deposit and played with their money (to which I quickly added other peoples money to! :lol:). I will give each player $25 via pay pal on the 16th of the following month as Pacific pays on the 15th.

Oh yeah, and I AM a little monkey!!! :smt043

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I would suggest $25-$30. If I can get things set up the way I want the entry fee will be $22 per person. Payout schedule depends on how many people we have, but probably top 3-5.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Doesn't look like we have the interest in this folks, sorry. I'll still be happy to do the deal I mentioned (that's why it's in my sig! ;) ) and play with any of ya'll if we can get a time together, but doesn't look like we have near the interest in a private tourney.

mike toro

neophyte Bolivar acolyte
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
SMOKOZUNA said:
I agree. I tried to set something up like this at the cA forum when I first got into online cigar forums.

Pokerroom.com lets you set up private play money games. You pick a certain date and time and everyone interested logs on to the play money game with $1000. Rather than money, to sit at the table you need to offer up some 'gars -- say 3 habanos. At the end of the night, all the losers mail the last man standing the winnings. If 10 people are at the table, one lucky bastard has 30 habanos coming his way.

At cA the problem was finding an evening that 5-10 people could spend 3-4 hours online playing poker. I'm down to play this way if there's interest.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'd be game for the pokerroom.com tourney. The only thing I'd do differently is give habanos to the top 3 or 4 places instead of just the last man standing.

TYLER