What's new

BotM - Baccy of the Month

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Ok pipers. Here is what i would like to do. I was in on one of these on another board, unfortunately for the couple of months i was in I couldn't locate the baccys, and I would like to try it here. It is easy. Each month I will post a thread for the next month. Any piper is welcome to join. Anyone that wants to posts up a Baccy and why. I will make a list of the baccys and select 4-6 of them and do a poll. Each of us will vote on the poll. Then we all locate and purchase a tin or ounce of said baccy and post a review.

I SUCK at reviews. But who cares. Its all for fun. If your review is "THAT BACCY FREAKIN' SUCKS!" then that is your review. I have an immature, under-developed, burnt of from too much tequila when i was in my 20's palate, so the subtle flavors escape me. But again who cares.

For the new pipers, this will help you build your cellars, for the more experience pipers, this will help you see what others are enjoying and give you a change to help out the newer pipers.

We will do this as one baccy a month. For January I am gonna post this thread and we each will post up a baccy and why. Then near the end of the month, I will post a poll and we can all vote. Maybe poll be open for a week. Then in February it is each of our responsibilities to chase down the poll winner baccy. If say someone, not to mention any names (Java) has say like 17 pounds of a certain baccy, work out a trade with him. If you have a local shop pick some up. If you need help with online shopping there are several of us that know ALOT of baccy shops.

Also in February I will post up the poll for the March BotM.

Got it?

Questions?

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I would like to suggest Mac Baren Symphony.

Symphony is a Burley based non aro with cavendish and Virginia tobaccos. I had a sample of this which i burned two bowls back to back and I really enjoyed it. I notice it doesnt get great reviews but I thought it was a very good baccy for my daily commute.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
The biggest standout I've had recently was the Shortcut to Mushrooms sample I got from andysc83. I actually went and bought more even though I haven't finished what he sent. I'm still quite green to all smoking, not just pipes, so I'm not exactly sure why but that one in particular really did it for me.
Just plain tasty!

Doc Sixstring

Patience and practice
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also heard great things about Shortcut to Mushrooms. If I was able to locate some, I would love to contribute to the reviews!

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Drew Estate black Cavendish, has a great meaty flavor with not to much bite for my virgin tongue that leaves me wanting more!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes, the Shortcut to Mushroom sample I got from cgraunke on that massive bomb (still try to piece my mailbox back together! :ccool: ) that cgraunke set up, was very good. I am not to good at describing tastes either, but that flavor is just great and one of my favorite types.

Also in that same bombing I recieved a tin of Escudo, and that stuff is just great!
Ok, i just kind of posted my own reviews of a couple, but any way, this sounds good, i am ready to build up my baccy supply.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
So, Grrrrr, post that poll!
Let's make this happen!
Think there is enough interest? Im gonna have to rename it tho. I didnt think the name thru when I posted this. I didnt think there was enough interest but I can post a Poll with three in it.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
hell, i'm behind it. i think we would have enough other takers as well. maybe do a poll of just "would you participate in this?".

also, for the name, how about "PoM"? pipe of the month captures the spirit of this group effort, and doesn't conflict with anything we might already have going on here. o)

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
hell, i'm behind it. i think we would have enough other takers as well. maybe do a poll of just "would you participate in this?".

also, for the name, how about "PoM"? pipe of the month captures the spirit of this group effort, and doesn't conflict with anything we might already have going on here. o)
Thanx Java I will do it then. Can't do it from my phone so I will throw it up when I get to a computer.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
This sounds awesome I would be so down for this. I don't have much in the cellar but I can review what I've got. Do we post the reviews in here??
How I would do it is post a poll, we all vote then trade, bomb, buy the winning tobacco for the month and then on the thread for each month we post our reviews.

Does that make sense? I'm getting tired and it's about my bedtime. If I'm not asleep when the wife leaves for work I will post up a poll. If not I will do it later today.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Also I will put a list together every month for the poll with an Aro, a virginia, an English and probably an oriental blend. Then we can all vote. So 3 or 4 baccys every month and everyone can throw out ideas for the poll the previous month.