caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I am loving this wireless mouse!

Link

• Flexible rubber grips provide excellent comfort and control
  • 20 times more surface sensitivity than optical mouse products
  • 2.4Ghz wireless technology helps ensure high-speed wireless performance and great range--Up to 30 feet
  • Advanced power management technology provides up to one year of battery life on two AA batteries
  • 4-way tilt-scroll wheel lets you move side-to-side or up and down easily
  • 20 times more surface sensitivity than optical mouse products
  • 2.4Ghz wireless technology helps ensure high-speed wireless performance and great range--Up to 30 feet
  • Advanced power management technology provides up to one year of battery life on two AA batteries
  • 4-way tilt-scroll wheel lets you move side-to-side or up and down easily
  • Flexible rubber grips provide excellent comfort and control

Attachments

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nice, I just bought:

I'm building a new PC after using a laptop for the longest time... some things I do the lappy just cant handle. Figured I should get new peripherals to match. These new MS keyboards/mice last an insane amount of time on one set of batteries compared to alot of the others out there. 6+ months is common but as much as I use it I don't expect much more than 3-4. Even at 2 months this set would womp the hell out of my POS Logitech combo on the other PC.

Kensington is a good brand, I'm sure you will get excellent battery life on that as well.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Some rechargable batteries and you're good to go.

I was gonna spend 30 more and get the mouse that has a charger but didn't...

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I got a new mouse for work 2 weeks ago from Newegg. It's the logitech MX610. It has some intereting features but the one I like the most is the volume controls right on the mouse. If someone comes into my office I no longer need to dive for the volume control at the speaker, I just hit the mute button right on the mouse.

With the newer generation cordless mice the battery problems have been pretty much solved. You should get at least 6 months and probably closer to a year on a set of batteries.

Attachments

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
That's one sweet mouse JC!

As to the battery issue, I feel your pain, especially on the wife's POS wireless for her laptop. We need a new one as I already busted the cover from replacing batteries so often. However, I recommend the Energizer e2 Lithium batteries. Rechargables, to me, are a pain in the ass, so when we got our new camera I figured I'd try these just to see how they do. Our digital EATS batteries. I put two of these in and I haven't replaced batteries in that camera in going on 3 months. Tried it out in the mouse and they seem to be doing really well in there too.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
im still using the mouse from the logitech wireless duo they had a promotional give-away like 3 years ago. The keyboard is in the basement collecting dust.