What's new

Bought my first french press.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Wow, just wow. I know know how you guys can talk about the flavors you get, I have never enjoyed a cup of coffee at home like this.
next point I would like a 8 ounce press, should I get a aeropress or just a smaller french press?

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Glad you see the light of a good cup! I enjoy the french press on the weekends. I have been interested in an aeropress as well, but think I want to skip that and go to a syphon!

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Aeropress makes a great cup of coffee, my on only negative is that it doesn't make enough LOL I pack mine with me and a small hand grinder now when I travel.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I use an aeropress on most mornings when I just want one to go mug. I use three scoops of coffee using the supplied scoop from the kit. Then I just press through the same grounds 2.5-3 times. It doesn't get bitter and I throughly enjoy the coffee. I also use water just a little off the boil instead of 180f like they recommend. I bought the stainless filter with mine too. I love the ease of cleaning.

On the weekends I will use my big 12 cup French press and have three mugs of coffee before doing much.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
+1 on the Aeropress for one cup

But congrats on getting the press. Oh, and in another couple of months, you'll start feeling an inner rage boil up whenever anyone mentions "instant" - don't suppress it. Go ahead and bitch-slap them.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Congrats! I bought my first press 2 weeks ago as I was tired of not so good Keurig but I am the only that drinks coffee in my house. Glad I switched. Should of done that years ago.
This past weekend I went to Target and got an Air Crazy for $10 and some green beans from Whole Foods. Did a few free mods to it and now roasting my own coffee.
Oh boy fresh roasted beans and a French Press.......Heaven!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Congrats! I bought my first press 2 weeks ago as I was tired of not so good Keurig but I am the only that drinks coffee in my house. Glad I switched. Should of done that years ago.
This past weekend I went to Target and got an Air Crazy for $10 and some green beans from Whole Foods. Did a few free mods to it and now roasting my own coffee.
I have no affiliation with the site other than being a satisfied customer, but I get my green coffee beans from u-roast-em. Great selection and I've never had a problem with quality.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Just started French pressing last month. I love it! Now I gotta buy a grinder

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have no affiliation with the site other than being a satisfied customer, but I get my green coffee beans from u-roast-em. Great selection and I've never had a problem with quality.
I will check them out. Thanks for sharing.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I was just going to make one of these threads. I found a Bodum French press in my parents house which they NEVER use. It makes outstanding coffee! I followed some instructions from a few baristas I know. I love it. I got some fresh beans and ground them at the local Stew Leonards. I need to buy a damn grinder for my home though.

Nothing like a cup of delicious french press.