2 Brass Quadrant Hinges
2 Oblong Humidifiers and Hygrometer with Brass Frame
Tray with Divider
Lined with Kiln Dried Cedar Dividers
Lock and Key with Tassel
Scratch Resistant Felt Lined Bottom
18 L x 11.25 W x 10.25 H

Ok, now I have some questions:

1. Is there anything that I need to do to "season" this humidor?
  2. The two containers (on the lid) in the second picture, what do I fill them with to ensure the right humidity for this? Water or something else?

Thanks for your help.

Now the difficult part of trying to convince my wife to fill it up.:hammersma

Jeff

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
yes, you need to season it. to do it on the cheap, get some new kitchen sponges. soak them with distilled water. wring them a little bit so that no water drips into your humidor. put a small plastic baggie down in the humidor, and put the sponge on top of the baggie. you dont want the sponge to come in direst contact with the wood. also keep in mind that you have seperate drawers, so you will need a sponge in each drawer. the humi should remain shut for a week. if the sponges are real dry when you open it up, do another week with the wet sponges. if they are still damp, then your humi should be seasoned. if you dont mind spending the $, you can use these ....................
http://www.cigaraccessories.cigarsolutions.com/onestepseasoning.html .
The Bovedas do a great job, and protect you from overdoing it with the sponges.

your humidifiers can be filled with 50/50 solutions. this should keep your cigars at 70% humidity. Most of the members of this board would take the humidifiers apart, toss the green foam, and fill the humidifiers with Heartfelt Beads. Dave from Heartfelt will give you good instructions. Advantage of the beads is that you can choose a humidity level other than 70%. Another good option is to use Bovedas. If it was my humidor, I would use a combo of 65% beads, and 65% Bovedas.

remember, you can call me at 1-866-679-9926. sometimes its easier to help over the phone than for me to type out a long answer.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the advice. I'll try the sponges and see how that is and in the meantime, I'll get some Bovedas and Beads. I didn't like the idea of the original humidifiers.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks again,

Jeff:yes: