What's new

Bourbon barrel aged beers

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hey guys,

Last year was my first experience with bourbon barrel aged beers and I tried the following:
Bourbon county stout and old Rasputin barrel aged.

Do you guys have any other recomendatjons that I should look for in the upcoming months?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout, around November.

But in general, bba stouts are worth a trial and error approach imo. Almost always good to very good and some are incredible. .02

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout, around November.

But in general, bba stouts are worth a trial and error approach imo. Almost always good to very good and some are incredible. .02
Definitely BCBS, incredible but also very hard to find and expensive. Worth it to me if I can find a four pack once in awhile.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Allagash Curieux, a bit pricy but worth trying.
An outstanding beer.

I've never been into bourbon so bourbon beers weren't my thing but I've very much warmed up to them. Done right they are fantastic.

SaltyDog

Stogie Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only had a Belgian ale called Tsjeeses Reserva BBA (Bourbon Barrel Aged) by De Struise Brouwers .. De Struise also has a Port Barrel Aged. Not sure how easy is it to get your hands on these in the US. I know they collaborated with Three Floyds to make the super stout, Black Damnation. If you can get any De Struise beer, get it all! Small company with big flavor!

beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/15237/84824

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoooaaa, don't even get me started on one of my favorite topics or I will go on for pages & pages! Attached is the article that got me started in frenzied search for these rare ales. After sampling many of them around the world I still come back to Dragon's Milk Stout as one of my favorite barrel aged beers of all time! Ohh, and then there's Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale and, and, and. Like I said.

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/food/risen april29 casks.jpg

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Love some bba
Bells batch 9000
Bourbon county stout (all forms)
Black Note
Founders backwoods bastard
Dark lord
Most of founders backstage series is really good...some are meh
Really digging red bricks 20th anny right now
Hoppin frog BA Boris is always solid and avaiable

This list can go on for days but these are some of my favs and highly suggest you try to find. Some a lot harder to find than others:)