What's new

Boveda Butler Application

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I'm quite pleased with the Butler itself. But, does the phone App suck or am I screwing something up?

My options seem to be either: a) let it run in the background and drain my battery, or b) prevent it from running in the background but then answer the same questions every single time I open the App. Both are infuriating.

So, is it operator error here?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my own Butler, which works well.
I always close the app, and when I open it, no questions are asked: it just synchronize and update the last 10 days of temperature and humidity.
Did you follow all the steps to identify the new Butler and link it to your phone? And don't forget to calibrate it as mentioned on the instructions...

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I always close the app, and when I open it, no questions are asked: it just synchronize and update the last 10 days of temperature and humidity.
Did you follow all the steps to identify the new Butler and link it to your phone? And don't forget to calibrate it as mentioned on the instructions...
Same.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Yep, calibrated and linked. To its credit, both were incredibly easy.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
No issues with the app on iOS. I let it run in the background, but after so long without opening it iOS will kill it itself to free up resources and then it will be like launching fresh anyway. When the background application stops, I won’t receive any notifications or alerts or anything until I relaunch the app. I have 4 boveda sensors (I refuse to call them butlers because the name change was stupid and unnecessary). They all usually sync almost immediately when the app is relaunched. Occasionally one will lag behind pulling in recorded data. If after a couple minutes it doesn’t pull in data I want to see I will kill the app and relaunch again to reset the connection.

IceClass

Polar Puff
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I couldn't figure out the calibration beyond putting the Butlers in the bag with the Boveda and finding out how off they are.
Beyond that, I couldn't figure out how to adjust them.