What's new

Boveda Humidipak - Review

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Construction: The unit is well made and very attractive. The use of cedar is a nice touch as it could be used in a plastic container for singles and you wouldn't have to find cedar separators or use pieces of boxes. The unit is separated into 4 chambers to hold 4 humidipaks, though 4 may not always be needed. Although the unit is well made, care should be take when installing the unit as the front grille is somewhat delicate and could break if pushed too hard.

Performance: The first week with the unit I began using 2 humidipaks and was able to achieve 62%. After the first week I went right to 4 and the RH settled right into 65% after a day or so. So far it's been able to keep a constant 65%with no apparent swing. I use this humi only for my rare Fuentes so I don't open it that often so I can't comment on how long it takes to come back up to 65 after it's been open, just that every time I do it's at 65%.

I will update the thread every few weeks until the packs give out.

Ron, great product. Thanks for the opportunity to test it out.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Great pics Jim. Looks great in person. The cedar is very nice. The fins might be a bit flimsy.