What's new

Boveda recharging station build.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Here is what I have been using to recharge spent Boveda packs:
0116161253a.jpg
0116161254.jpg
It is a glass pyrex bowl, and inside I've placed a smaller bowl filled with distilled water. I've used system for about a year now and it has been just fine. Recently though, I've switched over to a wineador with shelves, and have decided to use 5 large Bovedas spread amongst the shelves to supplement the KL I have in a pan on the bottom. I bought 10 packs and plan to rotate them out as needed. This is way beyond the capacity of this bowl, so it's time for an upgrade. I think I've come up with a better solution, and wanted to share it with you guys.
I already had a Rubbermaid storage container around the house that I thought would be prefect for my plans.
0116161201a.jpg
It has a locking lid with a rubber gasket seal. This seals airtight, I keep brown sugar in another one and the sugar stays moist for months and months. Most importantly, the bottom is the smallest point and the top is the largest. You'll see why that is important shortly.
0116161214.jpg
I traced around the circumference of the bottom onto some construction paper, and then transferred that onto a grid lens for a 2x4 florescent light fixture I picked up at Lowes.
0116161230.jpg
I cut out the pattern with a jigsaw, and used a utility knife to remove any burrs and bevel the edges in slightly
0116161240.jpg
The piece was still a little big, and sat too high up, so I used a sander to work the edges until the platform sat low enough for my liking.
0116161241.jpg
After leveling it up as best I could, I think this is going to work just fine.
Here is the finshed project:
0116161259.jpg
I can pour DW through the platform directly into the bottom. The arranged Bovedas sit high and dry above reservoir as they recharge.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Oh man, now I have to go to the hardware store. This is an exceptional setup because it allows for a lot of water surface area, which is the important thing. Thanks for sharing mossome.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks for all the positive responses guys!
I'm not interested in selling any, but I'd be willing to fabricate some more for brothers who want one. I've got plenty of the grid left over, but I need to locate more of those containers.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I use egg crate a lot in my reef keeping hobby. One think I've done with it in the past is use more pieces of egg crate as legs and just ziptie it all together.

Great idea @Mossome I'm using this one!