What's new

Bowl and Budget Review

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed the Tatuaje Series P the other day and was shocked. Tatuaje cigars at around $3 a stick?! Not knowing much about them, the owner told me it was Pete Johnson's take on a budget cigar. Apparently they've been around a while and I've just overlooked them. I bought two short robustos. Read a bit about them, and it turns out to be long and medium filler. There's the reason for the price. I'm skeptical, but was curious as the clippings were said to be from the Brown Label.

On a side note, I usually smoke a cigar after smoking a bowl or after using my dry herb vape. I find things taste "different" and are a bit more pronounced. But the dry herb vape doesn't really get the cannabis taste in your mouth. I decided to smoke one clear eyed and the other flying high.

-1st Stick- Sober
Wrapper is nice and dark, advertised as sumatra. Cellophane is a tad brown near the foot. Cigar seems to have some oil on it. I smell hay and earth.
Lit it up and was pleasantly surprised by a nice smooth flow of smoke and a mellow-medium body. Taste is familiar, but full of earth and good tobacco flavors with mild spice. But the finish is harsh... trying not to swallow too much.
Forgetting it was not a long-filler cigar, a clump of ash falls on my leg. Must ash more...
Half-way, I started to get a saltiness with a strange bread and nutty sensation in addition to the earthy tobacco. The finish has smoothed out and I am enjoying a nice medium bodied smoke. Not very complex, but you can still pin-point sensations on your palette.
I can't do a full blown retrohale as I'll end up crying like a baby no matter how strong the cigar, but when blowing smoke, I've gotten the hang of letting half of the smoke out of my nose. Doing so puts the spice more towards then center instead of chilling in the background.
The last third of the cigar was super salty, gained some strength and is holding steady at a solid medium. Something still tasted familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Nubbed it and let it die in dignity.

-2nd Stick- Flying high the next day
Cigar still had that rough finish when I swallowed. Not sure what it is or if it's just me.
Skip to the halfway mark, when the salt starts. I know what I've been tasting that I couldn't put my finger on!
It reminds me of a soft, salty, hot pretzel! Call it the weed, but I'm certain of this palette sensation!
Nicely enjoyable and Atlantic has them at like $53 a box.

All in all, for the price, I think these are a great buy. Definitely not the typical Tat, but still enjoyable, but that rough finish in the beginning is a problem. Great if you want something to smoke, but it's too cold out, and you don't care if you finish the last third or not. Also good for sharing with non-smokers who want to give something a try. It could be a great intro smoke. I wouldn't put it in a rotation, but would put it at the top of the budget smokes I've tried. I'll probably pick up a box for the reasons listed. Still wicked cold here ><
If you're on a budget, give them a try! If you're not on a budget, try one anyway!

1st (sober) Impression: 5 / 10
2nd (high) Impression: 7 / 10
Budget Value: 10 / 10

The Curivari Picadores are next!
Thank you for reading :D

Last edited:

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL
I'd say yes for MOST cigars. It mottles the flavor profile of a few cigars for me.
I know cannabis isn't for everyone. I just thought this might appeal to fellow tokers and cigar smokers here. Doesn't appear to be many... or I suck at reviews xD

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna give one of my Villiger La Capitanas an enhanced tasting. I've had trouble getting them to smoke. About 2 of every five is either too tight and wont draw, or the wrapper is already cracked before the package is opened. But I'm buying them discounted online so that's to be expected I suppose.

Last edited: