What's new

Box of Cigars for Birth of Child

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. My girlfriend is 3 months pregnant (first child for both of us) and we will be finding out the sex next weekend at a gender reveal party. I was considering picking up a special celebratory box of CC for the birth to stash away and age and another box (maybe a 10 count) to pass out to friends. Now, I am a complete noob to CC as I have only smoked 2 or 3 thus far. I am looking for recommendations on what to consider. The CC that I have tried are a BBF dated 2008, a Bolivar CJ that was rolled super tight and had a terribly tight draw, and a Partagas culebra. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Something special for the blessed event and its subsequent anniversaries.

I'd suggest H. Upmann Sir Winstons.

Or wait until you start seeing boxes for sale from the actual birth month for the anniversary cigars. Probably several months after the birth.

Congrats!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You want something that you can smoke with them when they come of age. So you need a cigar that will stand up to at least 18 -21 years of aging and you will need to make the commitment to keep them (the cigars and the child) properly cared for that long!

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
You want something that you can smoke with them when they come of age. So you need a cigar that will stand up to at least 18 -21 years of aging and you will need to make the commitment to keep them (the cigars and the child) properly cared for that long!
Bingo here.

You'll want something that won't just be a bunch of dried leaves in 20-25 years. Although I'd also argue at that point just the sentiment will be worth it. My son was born in June 2014. I picked up a box of Cohiba Esplendidos. Pricey, but have and should continue to age elegantly. I also have a 50 cab from July 2013 for when I got married of Hoyo Epi 2. I try to smoke one of these around his birthday and my anniversary every year.

Enjoy it! Sure is a fun adventure!

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no advice on CC's but congratulations on the baby!!!!
The other members here will have solid advice on your CC's

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Well, here’s what I would do: take the next year to keep sampling and figure out what you personally enjoy smoking. Then, when boxes with the month and year of the kid’s birth are available (6-12mo after) you can grab one. I have a box from each of my kids’ birth month and year, and smoke them around their birthdays.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy your favourite - try some first
It would suck to commit and have a special cigar you don't like :D

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome!!! Yeah we have 6 months to go but we find out the sex on Saturday so I am very excited. Was yours a girl or boy?

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Well, here’s what I would do: take the next year to keep sampling and figure out what you personally enjoy smoking. Then, when boxes with the month and year of the kid’s birth are available (6-12mo after) you can grab one. I have a box from each of my kids’ birth month and year, and smoke them around their birthdays.
Same here.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my two kids, i got a box of the edicion limitadas XXXX, year of the birth.. i also got a box of the davidoff year of the xxx

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a baby boy in July and am currently waiting for something special with this box code to come out.

I would recommend cigars that are known for their aging potential such as Cohiba, Montecristo, or H. Upmann. I would say all Cuban brands can be aged to be honest, but I have read these are some of the best.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My first kid was born this past March. We’re seeing some MAR19 boxes making their way here. In the past few months. Keeping my eyes peeled for a box of Trinidad Coloniales with that date. Not too super fancy, but fancier than most of the short stuff I usually enjoy and will be nice to smoke on his birthdays until he’s of age to enjoy with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk