Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Fake

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I called the cigar vendor and offered to send back the cigars if they would pre-credit me the full amount + $20 for postage. They said no they would do so after the package was returned and I would need to pay for shipping. I said, "well I guess it will just be easier to keep the cigars and file a dispute with the credit card company" and then hung up. I don't feel bad as I tried to give them an out. Thanks to everyone for chiming in on my vendor experience.
Did you tell them you thought they were fake?

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
remark # 1: there are people who like bad cigars, people who like fake cigars, and people who like to get what they pay for.
remark # 2: did she mention the number of people they have that don't like their products?

I am mainly interested in the fact they have "pre-made" answers for that, and aren't surprised to be called about the fakes...

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Well, go home and cut one open to see whats in them. If they look good, smoke 'em anyway! Some of the better fakes are made with decent tobacco. I wouldn't smoke one without looking inside one first, but depending on what you find, it might be worth smoking the rest since you're stuck with 'em anyway!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
herfdog >> I just thought it was funny that she said 100's of customers... and no mention obviously for how many on the opposite end of the spectrum.
StogieNinja >> I think I will do that. I'll take a picture or two for posterity and post it here.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well, go home and cut one open to see whats in them. If they look good, smoke 'em anyway! Some of the better fakes are made with decent tobacco. I wouldn't smoke one without looking inside one first, but depending on what you find, it might be worth smoking the rest since you're stuck with 'em anyway!
+1. It's even possible that they're really good if they're trying to keep repeat customers happy with nice cigars (even if they are fake). Condal is a great smoke from the Canaries.

I think all you guys who've been ripped off like this should start a fakes-only pass!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I checked out the site and it is obvious they sell fakes (at least for their high end cigars). But I am doubtful that all of their cigars are fake..Are fake Jose Piedras a thing?? And their pricing on regular production does seem to be in line with most other sites, even a little higher in some cases. Honestly I am not 100% sure that your cigars are fake.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I checked out the site and it is obvious they sell fakes (at least for their high end cigars). But I am doubtful that all of their cigars are fake..Are fake Jose Piedras a thing?? And their pricing on regular production does seem to be in line with most other sites, even a little higher in some cases. Honestly I am not 100% sure that your cigars are fake.
The only glaring issue is the lack of triple cap. Everything else is very convincing...

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I did and they didn't seem phased. She says we have 100 of customers who like our products. :)
But they didn't deny they might be fakes? If I were a reputable shop owner, I would really want to know if my stock was counterfeit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you recall I did give the seller the ability to make right by giving me a refund including shipping before I sent them back but they refused. So I kept them. Cut one open and saw nothing foul. Lit one up... Construction was really good with an even burn and a tight off-white ash. Draw was easy. Flavor was mild and uneventful. Not a bad smoke but just not a PSD4. I've been taking them to family functions where they get rave reviews. My wife and I just smile.
Coooool. Now, the real question. What are you doing with them Faketagas?

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If you recall I did give the seller the ability to make right by giving me a refund including shipping before I sent them back but they refused. So I kept them. Cut one open and saw nothing foul. Lit one up... Construction was really good with an even burn and a tight off-white ash. Draw was easy. Flavor was mild and uneventful. Not a bad smoke but just not a PSD4. I've been taking them to family functions where they get rave reviews. My wife and I just smile.
Awesome!

Sometimes fake cigars aren't bad ones - some rollers really try to make good, but just happen to sell under a false name.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm guessing the rollers might not even know how their cigars are going to be sold. Glad they're at least smokeable!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
How/why is it "obvious" that they sell counterfeits from looking at the site

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Just out of curiosity...don't answer if you don't want to...this is simply for posterity.

How did your interactions with the card company go? Did you tell them you received counterfeit goods? How specific did you need to be about the purchase?