What's new

Box purchase help me decide: Opus X, Unnamed Reserva or AF Añejo ?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
For my next box purchase, I have decided to step out of my usual pattern and buy something foreign to my humidor. I definitely want to buy Arturo Fuente but I am unsure as to what would be my best choice. Of course, I have no fear as the Brothers here have never stirred me wrong.

These will go to sleep for a minimum of three years.

Opus X, Unnamed Reserva or Añejo ?

Any particular vitoila ?

Thanks

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
1. Anejo 55 (one of my favorite anejos because of the sweetness I get from it)
2. Opus X Petit Lancero (best opus there is IMO)
3. Work of Art Maduros (wonderful fresh, even better with age)

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Keep in mind that the tastier Opus will need at least 2 years IMO before they come of age, the Anejo not so much. Hell, buy all three, make up some fivers to sell and recoup some cash so you can enjoy 'em all.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Keep in mind that the tastier Opus will need at least 2 years IMO before they come of age, the Anejo not so much. Hell, buy all three, make up some fivers to sell and recoup some cash so you can enjoy 'em all.
yeah, you really need time for opus to truly be worth it. the anejo are GREAT ROTT and even better aged! (then again i am partial). i still not sold that the sin nombre are worth it if you have to chase; if they are in your lap and you get them for~$225, sure.

but really do a split. you get the best of all three AND hook some brothers up who have been hunting.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Fuente makes some good stuff so really you can't go wrong with either. That said you asked for an opinion so...I have not had the Unnamed Reserva and can't really offer an opinion on that other than I personally would have a hard time buying a box without having sampled them first. Between the other two I would have to go with the Anejo. The Anejos just fit my preferences better than the Opus...you may feel differently. I'll also add that the WOAM is very good since it was suggested. The Short Story Maduro wasn't as good in my opinion as the other Maduro offerings Fuente has.

Dan

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Depending on your preference of vitola (mine are medium to full, full flavor, and churchill)...

Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva #49, #49, or #77 are a few of my favorites, and can't miss cigars.
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Masterpiece Maduro, Classic Maduro, or Work of Art Maduro, are also can't miss cigars.
Also, Arturo Fuente Sun Grown Rosado is a very fine selction for a box purchase.

IMHO, the Opus X need a lot of time to age to become fully developed in flavor, and not worth the coin I'd spend to secure a box.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Since Añejo means "aged" should I assume that they need no further aging or would putting them to sleep for a few years still be recommended ?

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Since Añejo means "aged" should I assume that they need no further aging or would putting them to sleep for a few years still be recommended ?
i think the "aging" is in reference to the barrel aging/fermentation/whatever on the wrapper. smoking them immediately is recommended. saving them for years is recommended as well. you see my problem... o)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
for me its an easy choice.. I like both opus and anejo (who doesnt?)... but prefer the anejo.. so thats the direction I would go...

but that is 100% based on personal choice/taste...

I really dont think you could go wrong with either..