What's new

Box splits, how do they work?

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Since I am new, I have read a lot about splits, but do not know how you guys work them. I would be interested in some splits. However, I do not have sufficient sources as yet to initiate same. I do have some $$$ though. :glassesgr

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Basically if someone offers up a split you like, then you PM them to get in on it. Simple as that bro!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'll expand upon what Cliff said.

One person posts saying I want to get "this box" I am offering up "X" amount of 5 packs, or singles, etc. Then everyone gets in touch with him/her via their preferred method. They usually say PM me or email.

That person comes up with a price. It usually encompasses the total cost of the box divided by however it is being split. To that cost you can add lapyap fees and shipping fees. The host can either up front the money or wait until everyone has paid. They order the cigars, split them up, package them and mail them out to the participants. Then everyone posts trader comments.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Thank you, gentlemen. You have just condemned me to spending even more time lurking here, just so I can watch for these!

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Sometimes you can split the box in halves with one other person too. Usually the person who gets one less cigar gets to keep the box to be fair, at least that's what I do.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
caudio51 said:
Don't just lurk! Throw in your two cents!
Point taken. Poor choice of words on my part. I am still reading old threads to get a feel for the site before putting in my $0.02. :glassesgr

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
:rofl: :rofl:
tubaman said:
Sometimes you can split the box in halves with one other person too. Usually the person who gets one less cigar gets to keep the box to be fair, at least that's what I do.
You are a damn liar:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

when YOU split a box YOU add other kinds of cigars so the other ones dont roll around. Good thing you are a music teacher and not a math teacher.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Ha... nice...

if you are interested in something just post it or PM somebody and see what is going around...

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
john tripp said:
:rofl: :rofl:

You are a damn liar:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

when YOU split a box YOU add other kinds of cigars so the other ones dont roll around. Good thing you are a music teacher and not a math teacher.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was talking about what was originally in the box!! But I can't help what jumps out of the cooler and into the box while packing it up!!!!!
:devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead