What's new

Boxes

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
When do you remove boxes from your humi and store as singles? Assuming that space is not the issue. Do you leave boxes you are consuming open/closed or cracked? What about boxes that are being aged?

Last edited:

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I have a coolidor with no display trays so I keep a full box in till I have just 3 or so left and then combine with other boxes that have a mix in them. I will even keep boxes and reuse them for my bundles I buy.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
well, assuming space is not an issue (it is for me now) Why would you get rid of the box and move it to singles storage?

Rating - 100%
159   0   0
I know that space is always an issue :stretchgr but would you keep 2 cigars in a box or move them and why? I like the idea of consolidating boxes, makes room for more.

waffle

who doesn't love waffles!
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I know that space is always an issue :stretchgr but would you keep 2 cigars in a box or move them and why? I like the idea of consolidating boxes, makes room for more.
I use empty boxes as my source of cedar and they help regulate the humidity, especially in a cooler. Having a cooler full of empty boxes (the assumption is that there is no space issue) actually helps maintain the RH better!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I will generally keep the box untill there is 5 or 6 left. After that it gets thrown away or kept for future use. I think though I should get rid of a box after the bottom row is Bo longer intact. But for some reason I don't do it.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
If space is not an issue then I usually take them out of the box when there are 4-5 left, otherwise I feel I just cant justify separating them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I consolidate when I need room. I often switch boxes in to spare slide lid boxed from dress boxes off the bat. But I strive to have as little air space as possible. Less air changing out when I open and close.

Last edited:

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I think when a box hits less than 50% it's time to consolidate.
I have broken down boxes with 15+ in them, but those are everyday smokes... and If I smoke them that often, then it's easier and faster to grab it from a drawer than the box.