What's new

Brand New From PA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it going everybody? I'm brand new to the cigar scene at 18. A couple weeks ago I tried my first cigar, some light house blend. It wasn't bad, but man was I having fun. I hail from the suburbs of Philly and love this site and would love to become a part of this community. Anyone got a good featherweight cigar?

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
howdy! featherweight, hmmm. macanudo's tend to be pretty mild. la unicas and montesinos are a great medium smoke at a decent price. lots, lots more.... hang on for the ride! E-ticket baby!!

jeff

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Welcome to BOTL. :waving:

I started with Swisher Sweets and Backwoods. Then I moved up to Fuente Curly Heads, Chateaus and then Montesinos. Lots of good cigars out there ... some bad ones and some fantastic ones. Take it slow and try lots of different ones.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Welcome and glad you are here.

Might be best to walk into a local cigar shop and let the person behind the counter know you are brand new to smoking. Ask them for say a $20-$30 sampler that is mild. Or just buy a couple to try and smoke them over a nice weekend.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Welcome to BOTL. Headbanger makes a great suggestion. Just try different smokes and note what you like and what you don't like. I would suggest getting several of one smoke to try before writing it off. Sometimes you get a bad apple, know what I mean?

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Welcome.

Don't you know smokin is bad for you?
Put that stinkin thing out!
Smokin isn't allowed here!
Haven't you heard about the effects of second hand smoke?

Get used to it, you will hear all of that and more.

My advise........after politely telling anyone that utters the above, F*** Off.
Relax, experiment and enjoy the ride.