What's new

Brazilian Puros?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Curious about the Brazilian brands Dona Flor, Alonso Menendez, Monte Pascoal, etc. Anyone on here have any input for me? Don't know anyone who has tried them and there's nowhere close to me to run out and pick a stick up to see what they are like, would like to know flavor profile, body, and strength if anyone can help me out.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Montys are good with at least 6 months of rest...Capoeiras are excellent with 3 months to a year...probably one of the most under rated cigars out there. Brazilian puros are not as popular but once you've tried them....good cigars for sure.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
monte pascoal is a very solid smoke, just... odd. think it is just me, but i always spend the first third wondering if i like it, and the final third wondering what the hell i was thinking in the first third! try them, and try to keep an open mind.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
James,
I can hook you up with two or maybe all three. I will have have to look in my humidor. My favorites of the three are the Mp in the Minuto or the Petite Robusto. Drop me PM with your address.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
monte pascoal is a very solid smoke, just... odd. think it is just me, but i always spend the first third wondering if i like it, and the final third wondering what the hell i was thinking in the first third! try them, and try to keep an open mind.

Lol....exactly what I was thinking when I smoked the one I had.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reviewed the Alonso Menendez Mata Fina Robusto here: http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php/23074-Brazil-Puros-1-Alonso-Menendez-Mata-Fina-Robusto?highlight=alonso+menendez and the Dona Flor here: http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php/30188-Brazilian-Puro-7-%E2%80%93-Dona-Flor?highlight=alonso+menendez

The Alonso Menendez is one of the most enjoyable medium-bodied cigars I have ever smoked, Cubans notwithstanding. The A-M double corona is my very favorite cigar.

I recently tried a Monte Pascoal for the first time and was very pleased (bought more.)

I have written quite a few reviews here on Brazilian puros, which can be found by using the search feature at the top of the domestic review thread. Type in "Brazilian Puro" and you should find the 7 or 8 I have posted. These proprietary field-grown, handmade puros are first rate cigars and as we who live here say, Brazil's best kept secret. Hope you can find many to enjoy.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just wanna say thanks to all who have taken the time to weigh in on this thread! Looking forward to trying some of these! Special thanks to Rock, looking forward to taking you hunting next year!

DonaFlorUSA

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those looking for Dona Flor and Alonso Menendez cigars in the USA, please go to our site, donaflorusa.com. We are the new and exclusive importer/distributor for these excellent Brazilian puros, and we're bringing them back to the USA this year. We'll be establishing them nationwide once again, but it will take some time - go to our "Dealers" page to find a shop near you, and if we're not in your neighborhood yet you may contact us and order direct. Thanks for the great reviews, Rex - bom dia! Curtis Pearson, Sales Director, Dona Flor USA | sales@donaflorusa.com | tel. 303-209-3096