What's new

Breast Cancer sucks, My wife just finished round 6 of chemo.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
550261_4326747121354_220033403_n.jpg 1236942_632498923449598_1136906787_n.jpg

I just wanted to let the brothers know that my wife Letecia just finished her sixth round of Chemo for her breast cancer. She is going in for surgery in three weeks, then more chemo and possibly radiation. She wanted to say thank you all for your blessings and thoughts. She hopes God prospers each and everyone of you for your kindness. I think she is just as beautiful without hair as when she had it, but she does not feel the same. But all 6 of our kids knows her and loves her for her heart not her hair nor her breasts. The financial stressors have set in along with mental stressors. I also ready have PTSD from the Army when I was in the War, and high anxiety disorder, now I have been diagnosed with depression because of the cancer's effect on my wife has effected me mentally. I so look forward to the day She is cured of cancer. We will celebrate in Victory.

Sincerely,

Chef Calhoun

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Good looking couple right there. Best wishes your way! And thank you for your service!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Lets just say all cancer sucks. Brother in law currently going through his 3rd round of chemo as well. At age 31...

Good for you both for fighting with everything you've got. Keep on keepin on

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hair or no hair. It doesn't matter you to are both amazing. I carry you both in my heart and soul. Know that I am with you and just waiting for the day where you can both relax at peace knowing she has beaten cancer.

Stay strong my brother and know you are not alone. We will all help carry your burden and know if there is a single thing you need we are here for you.

Jonathan

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
It's shitty..
My mom just finished her surgery and is awaiting her treatment options. She was stage 1 which was good. Hoping not to have chemo, but we'll see.

KK33

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Lets just say all cancer sucks. Brother in law currently going through his 3rd round of chemo as well. At age 31...

Good for you both for fighting with everything you've got. Keep on keepin on
I 100% agree that all cancer sucks... You go on with your everyday life thinking cancer wont affect me or my loved ones and all of a sudden it slaps you in the face.

We are doing the best we can, its very very tough.

Sincerely,

Chef

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Agreed on all cancers suck, wife's best friend has been battling for years now and feels the end is coming close. Wife is flying to Texas next week to visit her and is scared it will be the last time.

Stay strong and keep on with the good fight. If I am on that coast maybe we can grab a stick.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Scott,

Glad to see your posting bro. I hope this final chemo treatment and surgery is what finally cures your wife. I pray the surgery goes well and she heals quick. Hopefully your managing to distract her with some kick ass gourmet cooking. While finding something she can enjoy post chemo treatments.

I am no expert, but if you ever need anyone to talk to or vet towards your more than welcome to contact me man.

Keep your head up. I hope things turn around for you soon bro.

Keeping you guys in my prayers,

Rob

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hair or no hair. It doesn't matter you to are both amazing. I carry you both in my heart and soul. Know that I am with you and just waiting for the day where you can both relax at peace knowing she has beaten cancer.

Stay strong my brother and know you are not alone. We will all help carry your burden and know if there is a single thing you need we are here for you.

Jonathan
Thanks brother! Its just super hard and has gotten harder for us since I cannot work because of my physical and mental disabilities from my service in the Army, so she is the only one working, and she lives 120 miles from our house over here on the east coast of Florida, to which we have two children in school on this coast, and she has our newborn and our homeschooled 16 year old with her on her coast and we have two in college out of state, and I try to travel back and forth weekly to try and be there for everyone. It sucks big time that my truck gets 8 miles per gallon... I have had to sacrifice eating normal meals for the past four months. I feed my kids and my wife, but the monies I would spend on myself to eat I spend on gas, so I have been eating peanut butter jelly sandwiches three time a day for 4 months now... With the small exception of when I can get a chance to cook dinner for her. Unfortunately, with the chemo it kills her taste buds so everything I would cook for her she says tastes like metal. So she tells me not to cook for right now, which that is one of my passions... Thank you for your prayers!

Sincerely,

Chef

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Also where on the west coast?
She lives in Plant city right now at her mom's house because My wife works for the city of plant city. She was on maternity leave and was fixing to put in her two weeks notice so we could fully move here to the east coast thats when she found out she has breast cancer, hence she could not quit her job because she needed the insurance.

Chef

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Your wife has eyes that are full of life. She will defeat her cancer, as you too will be able to celebrate in victory with her. Prayers for you both Chef. God Bless.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Thank you for sharing. Cancer sucks!!! Keep up the fight brother! We are here for you, and your wife!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Stay strong, Chef. You, your lovely wife, and kids are in my thoughts and prayers. I admire your strength, brother.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Keep your head up Chief. My mom is a breast Cancer survivor of 4 years and I just went thru a diagnosis of thyroid cancer for my wife in July. Cancer is a beast and attitude is a big part of kicking its ass. Hang in there and my prayers are with your wife and your family. It is hard on the ones diagnosed and it is hard on the family members. Hang in there and stay strong for her. But also remember take care of yourself as well. Praying for a positive prognosis and full recovery. Pm me if I can do anything to help.