What's new

Breville Espresso Machine?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Anyone have a Breville espresso machine, or know enough about them to offer any advice on if they're okay or not? Amazon has them on their 12 days of Christmas sale right now and I just want a basic machine that won't break the bank. I'm looking at the Breville 800ESXL and here are the specs:

• Espresso machine with ThermoBlock heating system and 15-bar Triple Prime pump
  • Durable stainless-steel housing; selector dial for espresso, steam, or hot water
  • 4-1/2-inch cup clearance; swivel steam wand with frother; 75-ounce removable water tank
  • Filters, tamping tool, cleaning tool, and stainless-steel frothing pitcher included
  • Measures 12 by 10 by 12-1/2 inches; 1-year warranty
  • 15 Bar Italian Pump
  • 75 Fl.oz (2.2L) removable front-fill water tank
  • Purge Function: Automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature
  • The Triple Prime Pump releases 3 bursts of hot water to moisten the ground coffee resulting in greater build-up to extract the fullest flavor
  • Thermoblock Heating System

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Check the reviews on Seattle Coffee gear.
I've heard very little negatives on a revile machines but those coffee geeks at SCG will tell you what's up. Heck, even call one of the stores. They are really friendly.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Well I couldn't pass it up, ordered it on Amazon. We've used a semi-auto espresso machine for years until our old one finally crapped out earlier this year. Been using a moka pot ever since, but it's not the same thing. This Breville definitely has mixed reviews on amazon, but at such a discounted price on their 12 days of xmas sale, I couldn't say no. $209 for a decent semi auto was a fit for my wife and I at this point in time. I mean come on, would I rather have a slightly nicer espresso machine, or this machine AND a box of CoRos?? :)

Reactions: ENV
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I don't have their coffee machine but I have their toaster and I love it!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418406328.821495.jpg

It works like a beauty! Yes it's a bit pricey but I have been impressed with how fast it heats up and how quick it cools down. If their coffee machine is anything like their ovens you should be fine bro