What's new

Brew Day

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Damn Cap, that is one hell of a setup!!! Good luck with this batch!
Thanks! I have been brewing for years. In 2020, when I started teaching from home primarily, I decided to build a small brewery setup in the garage. I ran the idea by my wife and she said that sounded awesome, then asked me why I had never thought of it before, haha! By that point in my hobby, I knew my setup and exactly where every piece of equipment needed to be, so I put a lot of thought into building it. I’ve added things since then, like the switchboard for my electric equipment. You can see that near the top of the first and third pics above. It’s near the upper left side of the brew stand. Comes in very handy! I’ve added hooks to hang things and shelves here and there over time. Good setup, works for my brewing method very well.

Capn_Jackson

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I’m brewing right down the road from ya in Round Rock…AHS Lawnmower Lager. I see you have some Ss gear. I use their unitanks and glycol chiller on my cold side. My hot side is just a pot with a recirculating pump as I do partial mashes. Cheers!View attachment 170741
Cheers, mate! That’s so awesome, I love SS Brewtech. I have the 7-gallon Chronical, but have updated to the big butterfly valves, and I have their FTSs chilling coils/pump. To keep my water reservoir cold, I actually have an Active Aqua aquarium chiller. The FTSs pump sends the water from an ice chest through the aqua chiller, into the FTSs coils, back into the ice chest. I set the pump to like 35, so it’s constantly running throughout the whole fermentation. The Aqua chiller just kicks on when needed, keeping my ferm around 67 degrees even if it’s 90 degrees in my garage. Rustic, but effective. I think the Aqua chiller costs around $300 or so, definitely cheaper than a glycol chiller but I would love a glycol one day!
66B7DDDC-7BE5-4EA5-833D-9020033D98B7.jpeg42B0D325-5139-4EDB-AF9E-8803439A480E.jpeg398AF0CB-2217-43BB-B8B2-D51DB477163A.jpeg1AB53DC0-5D78-43AD-A2CE-0A8CC2DFBCB4.jpeg

Last edited:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Totally jelly of all this. Had a brief dalliance with fruit wine making years back (made a damn good blackberry wine), but never was able to get clearance from the Activities Committee for homebrewing.

Capn_Jackson

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sounds really tasty! How did it come out?
A very tasty IPA with great hop notes. Only the tiniest bit of grapefruit coming through, but still such a great flavor. It’ll condition even more over the next few days. Should be fully conditioned by Sunday, but I’ll have drunk half of it by then :LOL: :LOL::LOL: