What's new

Brian Aitken free!

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Here's a follow up to this earlier post in the debate section. I didn't think this needed to be there since there's really nothing to debate.
http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=46261&highlight=aitken

Christie frees man in gun case
By JASON NARK
Philadelphia Daily News

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie gave the Aitken family all they wanted for Christmas Monday.

Christie signed a letter ordering Brian Aitken, a New Jersey man sentenced to seven years in jail for having weapons he legally purchased in Colorado, to be released from Mid-State Correctional Facility as soon as possible.

Aitken, 27, was sentenced in August to seven years after a January 2009 arrest at his parent's home in Mount Laurel, Burlington County. Aitken's mother called the police on him after he was distraught over a custody issue and police found handguns, hollow point bullets, and high capacity magazines in a box in the trunk of his car.

Aitken claimed he was protected under a state exemption because he was moving from Mount Laurel to Hoboken at the time. A Burlington County judge refused to allow the jury to see the exemptions, claiming Aitken's defense team did not present enough evidence during the trial to show he was moving.

Aitken's father, Larry, could barely speak when reached Monday, but thanked "Governor Chris Chringle."

"From my family to yours, Governor, have a wonderful Christmas," Aitken said.
Link

About damn time!!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
WOW thats nuts 7yrs and the judge wouldnt allow the exemptions to be seen in the trial that is awfull. Thank god he is getting out of jail....

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
The fuc*in judge should be hung!!!!!!
He is out of a job. Christie did not reappoint him.

One less liberal idiot judge to worry about. These sons a b*tches let child molesters off and lynch gun owners. I am sick of this sh*t.

Common sense = Conservatism. Thank God for Christie

Big Government or Freedom - You can't have both.