What's new

British Open

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
is off to a big start. Tiger went out, managed to hit three sandtraps (the last time he played the course he didn't hit a single one all four days), carded two bogeys (both due to the sand) and 8 birdies to finish with a 66! The last time he played and won at this course his first round was a 67. Lots of folks still to finish up, but it looks like a battle this year. :thumbsup:

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Yeh, the British Open is good watchin! My buddies and I about 6 years ago had this plan to go over and play all the open courses for our 50th birthdays (we all turn 50 this year and the first part of next) but here it is and no plans!
Bunch of bullshit artists is all they are!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Yeah, I'd love to play some of those courses. Don't find many like it in the states. Suits my game...I need wide open. :rolling:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
My grandpa played one of the bigguns over there, maybe St. Andrews I don't remember. The caddy told him to face the 'wall' in the bunker and open the face so far he was almost leading with the heel to get over those four-five foot tall lips.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Looks like Tiger is runnin' away with it. Finished up at -11 today. Closest person to him is -6. Gotta love Tiger when he's "ON". By the way, I keep lookin' at your post Todd...and there's just something wrong with that last sentence...just shy of TWOB material. LOL

Hambo

I'm Cigar-a-licious
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I haven't been catching it, but I plan on watching all day tomorrow. I had the opportunity to walk "The Old Course" at St. Andrews. I'm an avid golfer and it turned out to be an almost religious experience. Until my friend fell off the bridge and into the creek on 18 and brought me back to reality. :headroll:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope he doesn't hit another one of those slumps. That guy is insane.... I thought that blond was going to ruin him, but it wasn't so.

Mike