What's new

Bronco's Darrent Williams Killed

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Wow...I wonder if it was an angry fan?
Not likely...he had a reputation since college of running with the rapper/gang banger crowds...you know, with the entourage and all. No facts yet this am, but I would bet something happened at a club and it carried over to the streets.
It's a shame...he was an awesome cornerback and had a great season. So young and so tragic, but some of those young athletes just can't handle the fame and fortune!

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
The latest from Denver...they were at a club, Javon Walker of the Broncos was also with them, and an argument or something took place as people were leaving out in front of the club. Police aren't sure if this had anything to do with it, but witnesses said Darrent didn't have any involvement in the argument. There were 16 people in the Hummer Limo.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Not likely...he had a reputation since college of running with the rapper/gang banger crowds...you know, with the entourage and all. No facts yet this am, but I would bet something happened at a club and it carried over to the streets.
It's a shame...he was an awesome cornerback and had a great season. So young and so tragic, but some of those young athletes just can't handle the fame and fortune!
guilty by association!

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Here is the latest:

KUSA - 9NEWS has learned the vehicle said to be involved in the shooting death of Darrent Williams is registered to a self-professed gang member.

Hicks, 27, is currently in jail on attempted murder charges. The key witness, Lonnie Clark, in the case against Hicks was gunned down outside of her house December 6, days before she was to testify against him. The murder of Clark is still under investigation, Hicks was in jail on December 6.

Hicks, a self confessed gang member, had previously mentioned ties to the Crips gang.

Williams was shot and killed early Monday morning while traveling from the Shelter night club where nearly 800 people had gathered to celebrate Kenyon Martin’s birthday.

A person with Williams at the nightclub New Year’s Eve was said to be dressed all in red, which is a color commonly associated with the Bloods gang. Sources tell 9NEWS that while at the nightclub, the person was in an altercation with other club goers dressed all in blue, a color commonly associated with the Crips gang.

This has led police to believe the attack on the limousine could have been gang related.

Police say the manner in which the bullets were sprayed were typical of an intentional act to hurt someone, as they were shot at roughly at head level.

Police combed Hicks’ neighborhood throughout Tuesday night in search of the 1998 white Chevy Tahoe. They issued the All Points Bulletin for the vehicle’s license plate 665 OBS Wednesday morning.

New developments in the case came just as teammates, family members and friends were to gather for a private memorial service in honor of Williams.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
go figure,,, i continually remind my 17 yr old daughter that bad things follow bad people, and if you're within their net, you're gonna get hurt!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I heard on the news this morning on the way into work that they think they found the white SUV they've been looking for - spray-painted black (except for the roof).