April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Bucanero Windjammer Robusto
Orgin: NIC
Size: 5" x 50 ring
Price: $5.10(box price divided by 20)
Total smoke time: approx 1 hours

This was a nice looking cigar (before it started cracking everywhere, but I'll get to that) with a light brown Sumatra wrapper that had a nice sheen to it. I've heard a lot about Bucaneros so I was really looking forward to this smoke which was gifted to me. Construction was good with on slight vein, a nice tight-but not too tight-roll and a well applied double cap. The pre-light draw was on the loose side, but not too loose and gave some hints as to the leathery and peppery tone this cigar would take.

After toasting the foot, which took the flame nicely, I took my first draw and found a deep leather taste accompanied by some definite pepper on the tongue. Within these tastes was a hint of cedar. The ash was a very light, almost white, grey and was slightly flaky.

A flavorful, yet mild cigar I would smoke again, but probably wouldn't purchase. Can't wait to try out the maduros. Good lord, but I'm becoming a maddie whore! :lol:

The only complaint I really have is that while smoking I had a ton of splits pop up all over the wrapper. Well, not a ton, I guess 3-4. I'm guessing that must be a humidity problem. It's been stored at 65-67 since I received it and was just taken out of the humi this morning and transported to work in the cigar caddy. I noticed two small tears before I lit the cigar and these widened and a few more popped while I was smoking. Didn't really detract from the cigar in anyway, but I'm curious as to what was going on.
Current weather: 60 degrees and 36% RH (per weather.com).