What's new

Buck Knives Quality Gone Downhill?

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I bought this Buck 110 and I remember my father using his for years without fault. This morning the tip snapped on it and I couldn't believe it. I wasn't doing anything that put much stress on it and I can only figure the quality has gone down hill or it just happened to have a stress fracture in it. Either way it makes me sad and I will be getting a warranty replacement and possibly buying a new knife to replace it. So for you knife experts out there, is Buck the same quality as it used to be?

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I have had my straight blade Buck Knife for years and have had no troubles with it. Sharp as a razor and never lets me down, perfect for skinning and cleaning game. Haven't heard anything about them slipping lately, maybe you got one with a defect in it.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have had my straight blade Buck Knife for years and have had no troubles with it. Sharp as a razor and never lets me down, perfect for skinning and cleaning game. Haven't heard anything about them slipping lately, maybe you got one with a defect in it.
Yeah, I am guessing that is what happened. It's a huge bummer but at least they will replace it.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Same for the last 15 years or so. I think the older ones were higher quality. I have the same folder, from 1994 iirc and it's still in service without issue. Bought a replacement maybe 6-8 years ago and it was showing wear just two years in, and I went back to the old folder for a while before switching entirely to Leatherman.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
The exact same thing happened to the tip of my Buck knife a couple of years ago but it happened while I was using it to pry something off the engine on my lawn mower so I chalked it up to my own stupidity and bought a new one. The one that snapped was over 20 years old and I haven't had any issues with the replacement yet so from my experience i would say at the quality is the same today as it has been in the past.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awe man ... that bites chunks. I had the exact same knife - it snapped in the exact same place. I was so pissed I vowed I wouldn't ever buy another Buck. That was well over 20 years ago now. Which is to say - I don't think quality has diminished. I think it's just a poor blade shape.