What's new

Budget friendly driver for noob

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So wouldn't mind purchasing a driver to go knock a few buckets of balls since weather is getting nicer. Any ideas suggestions brands,deals. Info, thoughts criticism, kisses.....trades????

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Haven't bought a new club in a few years. I would always buy last years model and save quite a bit versus the newest release. Usually. $150 vs $500. Check Dick's Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy, and Golfsmith online and compare prices.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Head to Golfsmith or Golf Galaxy and just hit as many used and demo clubs as you can find. Look for something with adjustable loft and face angle. You should be able to get a good Taylor Made, Ping, or Adams adjustable game improvement Driver for under 2 bills.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I've always used carl's golfland. Best prices I've seen. However, the clearance/sale stuff usually is over a year old (1 less year for warranty stuff). Got some tm rbz stg 2 or 3 (i forgot) driver and woods for a price I couldn't pass up. Love em but I'm no pro.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'd like to stay around a bill. Just to begin and see if it's something I really enjoy before I buy a whole set. But am definitely going with the discount sites mentioned, thanks guys.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Those aren't really discount sites. Check out global golf and 3balls golf and rockbottomgolf. Used is fine as you'll probably mar up the paint anyway over time.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I would echo the thoughts of all the guys that mention demoing drivers at a shop before you do anything else. Buy a last year's used model and take a few lessons with all the money you save.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
So wouldn't mind purchasing a driver to go knock a few buckets of balls since weather is getting nicer. Any ideas suggestions brands,deals. Info, thoughts criticism, kisses.....trades????
Will this be your first driver? Any preference on brand? I upgraded last year and my old driver is just sitting in a closet. PM me your addy if your interested. Nike VR Pro. 10.5/reg flex.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yes first driver, first time hitting a golf ball besides putt putt with kids, which by the way I'm awesome at. I have no preference just looking for something decent with quality price and the fact I'm a noob in perspective.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
There are a ton of amazing options out there so my recommendation would be to go hit them all, but really of the SGI/GI drivers from the major players are going to be great for you. Personally I prefer Ping or Taylormade, but everyone is putting out good product.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Yes first driver, first time hitting a golf ball besides putt putt with kids, which by the way I'm awesome at. I have no preference just looking for something decent with quality price and the fact I'm a noob in perspective.
I might have an old driver that will cost you nothing if you just want to hit the ball And get a feel if you like the game or not.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So I was apparently GIVEN options, or should I say drivers AND sticks to smoke while using it , unfortunately I'm at work now and can't post a picture, you guys are something else. Thanks go to lezanstar and sofc. Crazy I tell you. But they both have return addresses......

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
So I was apparently GIVEN options, or should I say drivers AND sticks to smoke while using it , unfortunately I'm at work now and can't post a picture, you guys are something else. Thanks go to lezanstar and sofc. Crazy I tell you. But they both have return addresses......
It was delivered? Yet another USPS tracking failure....