What's new

Bugman Blind #8 From Springfield

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Okay, so being the senile individual that I am, somehow this stick got buried in my humi and it took me this long to realize I had it and needed to review it. So, off we go with Springfield #8.

Prelight: Looks to be a natural wrapper with just a few veins that aren't prominent, and construction is solid. From the foot I get a whiff of some faint barnyard, and some light tobacco. On the cold draw I picked up some light earth and maybe just a bit of kinda graham cracker sweetness, and possibly a very light floral note.

1/3:

Off the bat I get a pretty decent dose of spice on he back of my tongue, with primarily wood, light earth and maybe a bit of that cinnamon-graham-cracker sweetness on the finish. A bit later in this third, the spice mellows quite a bit, and getting primarily wood with some light earth and a vaguely sweet semi-floral note on the finish. The finish itself is really quite dry, as is the mouthfeel. Burn line is straight as a razor, and the ash hangs on to about 1.5 inches before I nudge it off to avoid dropping it in my lap.

2/3:

Spice has pretty much subsided and really isn't part of the profile any more. What I'm getting now is that light earth, maybe a bit of muted raisin, and light wood in the front of the mix with just a hint of the previously mentioned sweetness on the finish. The profile is pretty consistent now, without alot of changes or development in this third, and the mouthfeel and finish have gotten really dry now. Burn has gotten a bit wonky, and the thing has gone out on me three times, so after the the fourth I don't bother with a relight.

Verdict:

I don't really fancy myself a great reviewer, so take it for what it's worth. It was an okay smoke, but probably not something I would seek out. May have just been a less-than-great example of a good cigar. Don't really have an idea of what it was, but if I had to guess, I'd probably say it was blended by somebody named Fernandez???