What's new

Build your own...

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I want to convert some dead space I have in my basement into a humidor. I'm really limited on my budget right now so I was thinking Lexan or any other type of plexiglass to build an enclosure. I was thinking of laminating some spanish cedar onto masonite (have a bunch leftover from previous owners) to do the inside, is this a good idea or not?

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
indyrob, i have no experience in building a walkin, so i really cant offer any good advice.

if you want to do this on your own, do a search on some other cigar boards. There is some info out there. perhaps you can PM guys who have made thier own walkins.

If I was doing it on my own, I would contact Bob Staebell. He would be able to provide you with the humidification system, and give you some help with the construction.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
It's not going to be a walkin, but it's going to be about a 4' x 5'x 1 1/2' cabinet sized area. I just want to bring everything out of the 3 coolers into central area. I'm planning on using a magnetic gasket (like on a fridge) for the doors.