What's new

Building A Cigar Room

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of buying a house that has a massive tool/boat shed in the back. It was built in a way that I could put in AC/ventillation...etc and turn into a cigar room. I've been researching it and was hoping to get some ideas/guidance on ventillation systems, exhaust systems, smoke eaters..etc. we are redoing the whole room and going to put in an AC system but I was reading that there are some specific things you can do for cigars. I have a contractor doing the work but he's not a cigar guy and was looking for help.

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Hey
I'm sur some folks here can help you out,
Jfire for one!

But why don't you hit the introductions section and say hi and tell us a
Little about yourself 1st!

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am also looking to do this, so hopefully peeps have some good suggestions. The room I have has a dropped ceiling. Cork board or something of the sorts, and about a 12 x 18 room. heated tile flooring, dry walled.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right I should have introduced myself first..I just posted in the intro.

Last edited:

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
RabbitAir makes a good smoke eater, though they can be on the higher priced area. I would put in a few "fart fans" in the ceiling and then a few inline duct fans on the bottom of the walls. They would bring in fresh air from the ground and have it rise to the fans in the ceiling. Drawing out the smoke. But, on both in & out lines I would put some sort of cage of wire mesh or a dryer vent type piece to keep the critters out of your smoke room. You can also put inline heaters in the intake air lines to heat the air for the colder months. Im not sure how effective they are though.
If you are using a central AC, make sure you have some good filters for it. They can trap the smoke well. But have to be changed probably more often than a typical house filter would. Just depends on how dirty (how much you smoke) they get.

A ceiling fan to draw the smoke to the fart fans wouldn't hurt either. You can get a decent fan with lights for around $50.