What's new

Building a walk-in

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here are som pictures of my ongoing project, a walk-in humidor!

I bought a house last summer. The house hade a food storage place in the celler and I thought that it could be converted to a walk-in. The room is 1,95x1,30m (6,5x4,5 feet).

Here I have removed floor, shelves, the door and an air inlet.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Moldings are fitted, the floor is primed and the naked wall is painted. This is how far I have come at the moment. I think that the project is coming along quite nicely! The only bad thing is that we have been sick and I have not worked with it in the last 3 weeks. I should not take al the credit either. I am working with my father that is some kind of building guenius!

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Woww, great work and looking good, hell even a few wineadors back there will look cool IMO...but deff FWIW great work and its going to be a beautiful walk in!

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Looks good so far. What type of humiliation system will you be using and will you be cooling the walk in also? Not sure where you live. How about the shelving, what type of wood, cabinet, etc?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looks good so far. What type of humiliation system will you be using and will you be cooling the walk in also? Not sure where you live. How about the shelving, what type of wood, cabinet, etc?
I will not be coolingit, it is quite cold in Sweden. I think that it is going to be very seald so I am only going to use a ultrasonic air moisturiser. I do not think that I need a big industrial system. I have a friend that is running a cigar store, he is using the same system in his walk-in. At first he was going to buy some expensive stuff but when he tried a regular air mosisturiser (wilfa hue-6b) he was possitively surprised!

I am going to use a shelve system with consoles and vertical u-beams with hole in them for the consoles. Not the prettiest but flexible. I am going to store my whisky and rum collection aswell. I am going to have shelves on two brick walls, one short and one long. I am going to have two shelves tilted 20 degrees on the short side to have ceder trays with singles. The shelves will be 18mm oak (3/4" I think it is) and I will have 7 layers.