What's new

Bulletproof coffee?

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
So I was out climbing yesterday and my partner starts talking about butter in his coffee. When I got home I did a bit of research and found out it's called bulletproof coffee. Have any of you done this method? The pages I found seem to talk about a certain type of coffee ie not big box blends. Most seem to talk about the creators coffee and that makes me think it's a ploy to sell more of his coffee. http://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-coffee-recipe/. I drink large amounts of coffee al day and night and I'm always looking for new blends but not sure his is worth it.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Butter? Honestly, the idea of it turns me off but, suppressing the gag reflex for a moment, I suppose I can see how the fat in the butter could help offset the acidity of the coffee while also giving it a creamier texture.

But, since coffee is made of water and the melted butter would float on top of the coffee, I think I'll steer away from actually trying it.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Butter? Honestly, the idea of it turns me off but, suppressing the gag reflex for a moment, I suppose I can see how the fat in the butter could help offset the acidity of the coffee while also giving it a creamier texture.

But, since coffee is made of water and the melted butter would float on top of the coffee, I think I'll steer away from actually trying it.
Mixing in a blender makes it like a cappuccino. The theory is it stops the crashing and promotes weight loss.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0

Mixing in a blender makes it like a cappuccino. The theory is it stops the crashing and promotes weight loss.
Yep. My health conscious friends dig the idea. I have yet to try it.
I go for whiskey in my coffee though...

Rating - 100%
58   0   0

Yep. My health conscious friends dig the idea. I have yet to try it.
I go for whiskey in my coffee though...
+1 on the whiskey idea

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
as someone who has accidentally left a butter dish on top of a drip coffee maker (and in the process learned how to strip and clean a Bunn), this is a bad idea.

as a wholehearted proponent of both coffee and milk fat, i geel compelled to try it at some point. but i am in no rush to...

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
In the name of Science, I will add some butter to my coffee tomorrow and report back. I'm going to go with cream and sugar whipped with a pat of butter and see how it turns out.

Tonight, I'm going with some Tequila I brought back from Mexico last week...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I drink a version of this everyday. I add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and about 3 tbsp of heavy cream. It's also supposed to have grass fed butter but I didn't like that much fat floating on top. I used to drink coffee through out the day with peaks in energy and then crash. I have my one cup in the morning now and that's it. It is also a part of a high fat low carb (nsng) diet. You can't just drink bulletproof coffee and then eat sugars and grains and expect to benefit from it.