What's new

Burn issues illusione maduro

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hey guys,

Have you ever had any burn issues with Illusione Maduros? I have come to love illusione, especially the natural. Every natural I have had has burned flawlessly. However, I bought a 5 pack of MK12 maduros and have had very bad burn issues with the first two. The one I smoked tonight had such a tight draw you could barely hit it. Even after using the perfect draw it just oddly didn’t produce much smoke. Then tunneled and needed several relights until finally just starting to go out on me. I rarely have burn issues and keep my cigars at 65%. I really enjoyed the flavor of it and would like to buy more. Have I just been unlucky or has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It happens, maduro is generally a thicker leaf then natural and holds on to moisture longer. May try giving the rest of the 5er more time to rest. If you can't wait try storing them at a lower humidity.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
they produced 50,000 of that cigar this year, and you got the two bad ones.:cautious:

wait until you have been smoking cigars for 50 years. It won't be such an issue.:cat::chicken::cigar:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Had a Caldwell Long Live the King yesterday. The notes I keep said I need to give it 2 years, I smoked it after 7 months, real crap and horrible burn. You would think 7 months at 65% the cigar would be ready but it wasn't. I only dry boxed it for a couple of days. Next time I decide to try one I'll leave it in dry box for atleast 3 weeks.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hey guys,

Have you ever had any burn issues with Illusione Maduros? I have come to love illusione, especially the natural. Every natural I have had has burned flawlessly. However, I bought a 5 pack of MK12 maduros and have had very bad burn issues with the first two. The one I smoked tonight had such a tight draw you could barely hit it. Even after using the perfect draw it just oddly didn’t produce much smoke. Then tunneled and needed several relights until finally just starting to go out on me. I rarely have burn issues and keep my cigars at 65%. I really enjoyed the flavor of it and would like to buy more. Have I just been unlucky or has anyone else experienced this?

I usually smoke the ~88~ maduro and have had no probs.
I've had a couple Cigares Prive maduros in the past few months and they had no issues either.
The La Grande Classe Rex's I've gotten in the past 6 months have been rolled VERY tight. And that's a natural wrapper.
Their HQ is only an hour away from me, so if you want me to go down there and demand answers I can do that for you.:LOL:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks guys, I figured it was a fluke. I have just had a lot of luck with Maduros as that is mostly all I smoke. Haven’t needed to use my perfect draw but twice in a year. The fact that I hit 2 in a row then saw a popular review site say the same thing online saying he experienced it with multiple of the stick made me think that illusione might not be good with Maduros. I really want to buy a 5 pack of the Maduro 888. I will move forward! Lucky to have such a great group of guys to share experiences with, thank you!!