What's new

Burning the leaf from California

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I've been smoking cigars for some 20 years. I enjoy a weekly smoke from my healthy collection of odds and ends (about 200 right now) mostly made up of samplers and specials that I've come across. Until about 6 years ago, I enjoyed primarily cigars but since getting into similar forum on pipe tobacco my technique and enjoyment of pipes has filled most of my smoking time. I have come to learn much about pipes and pipe tobacco, and had an unusual realization that although I've been at cigars for much longer I know little about the tobacco and construction that really makes one cigar different from another. My mission here is to become more knowledgeable about what differences one cigar type/make/leaf has from another. I know what I like, a medium-full cigar and most Maduro wrappers. Big fan of Olivia, Zino, Diesel, Punch, Montecristo and Nat Shermans. Have been trying to understand what makes Rocky Patel so popular by working through samplers. Otherwise I'll smoke just about any cigar for the experience and I do try to keep a journal, however, been less focused on that of recent. Hope I'm in the right place and look forward to the search for knowledge.

LittleMoe

Bald,Fat and Proud
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome aboard !!!!! You have DEFINITELY come to the right place !!! TONS of great info and VERY knowledgeable folks here !!!!!!!

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Welcome... your are in the RIGHT place to learn about cigars. There are some very knowledgeable folks around here. I wouldn't mind learning a little more about the pipe and its tobacco. I put mine away when I ventured into cigars, but I digress...
Again, welcome!!!

Last edited:

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello and :welcome:. We are glad to have you join us. I am sure you will enjoy the knowledge you will find here as well as the camaraderie.

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Welcome, from Chicago!

You are certainly in the right place to learn. Read. Listen. You will find this group to be most helpful with your questions.

Enjoy your stay...