What's new

Busy season...

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I work for this company called Quad Graphics. We print magazines. S.I., Time, People, National Geographic, and all sorts of Sunday paper ads for Wal-Mart, Staples and Walgreens just to name a few. Man this "busy: season for us has been LONG. Usually we end our busy season around November 1st, but we are still rolling strong(like what I did there?) I keep getting these shifts like 9 on, 2 off back to back. These are all 12 hour shifts, because that is the only shifts we do. It is tiring. Can not see family, go to baby brothers bball games, smoke cigars, hangout with friends, enjoy drinks. You get the drift. Just wondering if any of you are having to work tons of OT this year for the holidays? If so, where do you work, what do you do there?

Nate

P.S. I mainly just need someone else to tell me they are sharing my pain right now. More of a "it is better to go through it with friends than alone" kind of thing.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
yeah Im working 60+ hours a week, 6 on 1 off...but have been doing it for 5-6 months now. I love it, yeah I dont get to see my family or friends alot, but it makes that time with them that much more special.... Enjoy the money and save it for hard times

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I was having to do that a month or so ago I also pull a 12hr shifts and I troubleshoot injection molding machines and robot automations. I feel your pain.

coastalgriff

Educated Redneck
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I'm in the same boat. I haven't been around much for the last 4-6 months due to long hours. Due to downsizing, I've been forced to work 60-72 hours a week. The upside is that I was able to make some purchases I had been putting off and my savings account is looking nice. Just remember there are a lot of folks without jobs right now.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Just be lucky you have a job right now, a lot of people don't. Sure it sucks working your butt off during the holiday season, but just keep in mind the extra money coming from it and how you will be able to enjoy it when things slow down.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I'm bored off my ass at work right now. I keep buying crap online and paying through the nose for the arrive-by-christmas shipping :argh: