What's new

Butane Choice

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
:rofl: @ JW

I use Colibri and whatever has the tip for the Xtend.
The vector fuel may work for you todd, they come with several different tips you can put on as needed.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
thebigo said:
does the fuel you use give it a different taste?
Not with these higher end butanes. If you light with matches and don't let the sulfur burn off or a regular zippo, some say you will bring those flavors into the cigar.

thebigo

I'm a Carnie
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
caudio51 said:
Not with these higher end butanes. If you light with matches and don't let the sulfur burn off or a regular zippo, some say you will bring those flavors into the cigar.
What would you say about a lower end butane? I'm guessing little if any.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Used to use colibri, but found that is caused problems with my lighers. Switched to Vector and haven't had any problems since. Wasn't sure if it was the fuel or not, so used the colibri for one lighter for a few fuelings and it started to act up again. Go figure.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
djs134 said:
Used to use colibri, but found that is caused problems with my lighers. Switched to Vector and haven't had any problems since. Wasn't sure if it was the fuel or not, so used the colibri for one lighter for a few fuelings and it started to act up again. Go figure.
Hmm....maybe that's my problem. I had tons of problems with my Firebird that I used Colibri butane in. I've never re-filled the one I got a few months ago..I think I'll have to look into some Vector.