What's new

Butera? Anyone? Ever had?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Butera: La Penna (EXL) (Single)

In Keeping with the Butera tradition, this cigar is "True Blended". The wrapper is a specially prepared (aged) Habano 2000, which is grown in Mexico. the Mexican Habano 2000 produces a rich taste through the cigar, and a high intensity of spice off the top. The binder leaf remains proprietary and is the secret to the chocolate and spice taste and aroma. The fillers are the perfect "True Blend" of Nicaraguan, Peruvian, and Dominican Long Fillers. The "La Penna" is an absolute full-bodied cigar that the true connoissuer will appreciate and enjoy.

Size: 6.75 x 52
Wrapper: Habanna 2000 Mexico
Binder: Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler: Nicaruagua, Peru, and Dominican Republic

Looking to try but have never heard of them, Sounds good however!
Anyone have experience with them?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
My wife used to really like them. I'm not sure of the name of the line she tried but they were far from spicy. Buttery smooth and creamy was how she described them. They had very light wrappers.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Buttery / creamy is definitely how I'd describe these too.
Hell, about a third of the way through my first Butera I was looking for some popcorn.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
So if they just add a T in the middle and we would have the BUTTERA thus descibing it's flavor profile right there in the name.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
they are sightly pricey from the vendor I found, about $14.00 for the stick described above. worth it?

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Mike Butera makes those cigars; he's been in the PIPE business forever (both ppipes and pipe tobacco). I haven't had the La Penna, but it sounds to be more full-bodied than his regular line which I fine smooth and satisifying, but not particularly exciting.