What's new

Buying a Hookah

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I got mine from my sister in law when she was 16. She showed it to me and I told her mom what it was. I offered to hold it for her until she was 18 and out of the house. Since she is staying home and going to a local school, I guess I get to keep it. I enjoy some good strawberryu tobaco now and then. Low nicotine content in those tobaccos though. Does anyone know if there is any with a higher nic level? That seems like a reasonable price, for theone you linked. everyone I've seen had to have a little sealing done here or there due to air leakage.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
socialsmoke.com are the guys to go to! I'm very loyal to them because they have supported my hookah-fest endeavors and have the best customer service you could ask for! hookah-shisha.com are great, too. Have ordered from both with no problems. I also recommend to get a 1-hoser for your first hookah. Out of 6 of my hookahs, every one is a 1-hose except for my very big 6-hose hookah. I got that one for free and hardly ever use it, although it is nice if you have like 15 people.
Whichever route you go is up to you, tho! You're the one primarily smoking it, so get what you like the best.

TYLER

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I was going to say 1 hoser as well, but if you have the plugs for the other hoses, that will work, but it may be bulky and cumbersome. I'm going to get mine out tonight, I haven't smoked it in a 3-4 months, since I found the nic power of cigars.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
If you want a nicotine buzz check out Tangiers' shisha. The guy, Eric, lives in San Diego and has his own lounge. You can get it on a bunch of sites, like hooka-shisha.com, mnhookahs.com, hookahkings.com, and others. He also has a Tangiers F-Line, which is caffeinated tobacco.
I guarantee any Tangiers tobacco you smoke will knock you on your ass! Very strong and needs to be heated just right, and it might take a bit of practice to be enjoyable.
And the only thing I don't like about some of the multi-hose hookahs from hookah-shisha is that the hoses have an 'auto-seal' mechanism so you don't have to plug the ones not in use. The auto-seal bearings are in each hose, and make for an extremely hard draw. worse than smoking a plugged cigar imo.

TYLER

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Yeah, it's bomb. I don't always feel like having a cigar, or maybe I don't want the nice breath the next morning. Or maybe the missus doesn't want the nice breath the next morning. It doesn't reek and everybody likes it.
I probably smoke hookah at least as much as I smoke cigars. Not only does it taste great but it's under $1 for an hour of smoking if you do it at home.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I don't smoke pot, but if you're buying a bong the only way to go is Roor. Unless you get a Medusa pipe.
www.medusepipes.com IIRC.

TYLER
I'll 2nd that on the Roor. I can't buy one due to the rediculous prices. And wouldn't buy a bong in general, they break too easy and can't be taken to the beach, which is really the only place I smoke anymore. A nice bake before a session in the waves is great.