What's new

Buying a house:Short Sale approved closing 1/27/12

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Sweet man! My garage is my man cave ... but it's not finished, lol. Cold, dirty, and smelly ... but keeps me out of the wind and rain when I burn one, so it's all good :)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
This is a great point and not one that is always thought of. I always choose a structural engineer to perform the inspection over just a home inspector.

For example, here I used Criterium-Lalancette in Vermont. Engineers cost a little more but have better tools and experience, in my opinion. My current home was built in 2005 and they found some potential structural reinforcement suggestions. Seller took care of them and I have a better piece of mind.

So if the engineers could find things in a relatively new home, it shows their value for my thinking. Take it or leave it, but that is what I would suggest.

-TG
This is SO true! We just had the typical inspector do ours, and they only look for code violations and not "This part here was built by an idiot" stuff. It lead to two issues of leaking which caused about $1600 in damages. Now we know better!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Awesome man! We just had a new built construction and didn't get the man cave, but I have a huge patio to smoke on. Lots of upkeep and weekend projects, but so worth not having to hear your neighbors above and/or beside you in an apartment. Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
So we are still on track to close on the 27th of this month. I thought this would have taken longer but time has been flying by. I will not have my man cave right away. The daughter and granddaughters are moving back to AZ. So they need a place to stay until they find there own. I will get it in due time though I told them Papa needs his man cave. I am so excited to be a home owner again.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That is awesome it all came together so fast. Friends of mine waited 10 months on a short sale just to have some investor swoop in with all cash at the last minute...sucked for sure.
So jealous of the potential man cave, something I hope to have in my next home for sure.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Yes, it has been a fast process so far. If we close on the 27th like planned, it would be 2 months from start to finish. I talked to the loan office yesterday went into underwriting and maybe news today but probably Monday. They say is can still close Friday. The good news is my granddaughters will be here hopefully on the 7th of Feb. I am happy to give up the mancave for a little while.