What's new

buying online?

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
Master shake - didn't realize I was doing anything wrong buddy

As for revealing a source they advertise all over the net !??

Obviously different rules where u guys are

Bad form, word of caution, really ?? Relax a little a simple PM would've suffice
I think master shake thought you were talking CCs when you said clear customs. You didn't do anything wrong bro, just a misinterpretation.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Master shake - didn't realize I was doing anything wrong buddy

As for revealing a source they advertise all over the net !??

Obviously different rules where u guys are

Bad form, word of caution, really ?? Relax a little a simple PM would've suffice
I think master shake thought you were talking CCs when you said clear customs. You didn't do anything wrong bro, just a misinterpretation.
The first source he mentioned sells both CCs and NCs. That's what he was pointing out. He stared it out of his quote but it is still visible in the original post.

I also didn't think he was being inappropriate in the way he mentioned it. Just my observation though.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Both sites listed sell cc and nc ...

By clearing customs I meant sometimes here in Australia they(cigars) doesn't matter cc or nc get through customs which I then don't have to pay tax on (ccs arnt illegal here ) is all I was trying to say otherwise they get checked and u pay the tobacco tax ,simple . It's pure luck if they get through .

Obviously cc arnt illegal here either it's simply cheaper for me to buy overseas eg : 10 box of monte 2s here from local b&m is $380 ..... I buy online pay import taxes delivered to my door $180!! Big difference !!

Anyway no malice was intended by my post simply thought I was contributing to a thread

Cheers

Rating - 100%
42   0   0

By clearing customs I meant sometimes here in Australia they(cigars) doesn't matter cc or nc get through customs which I then don't have to pay tax on (ccs arnt illegal here ) is all I was trying to say otherwise they get checked and u pay the tobacco tax ,simple . It's pure luck if they get through .

Obviously cc arnt illegal here either it's simply cheaper for me to buy overseas eg : 10 box of monte 2s here from local b&m is $380 ..... I buy online pay import taxes delivered to my door $180!! Big difference !!

Anyway no malice was intended by my post simply thought I was contributing to a thread

Cheers
Just keep in mind that he was most likely unaware of your location since most of us are here in the states.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I also didn't think he was being inappropriate in the way he mentioned it. Just my observation though.
Thanks, I'm glad its not just me, I didn't think I was an ass with what I said. I'm not trying to be a d*ck here and I mentioned that I know you're from Australia so the rules are different. Over there I understand that when you talk cigars CCs are just part of the discussion. Over here in the states its bad form to mention that kind of stuff on a public forum. There was no malice intended, and I said word of caution because on many forums here your account can be suspended or permanently removed for sharing CC sources. I don't have my panties in a bunch over here and I understand that it is the internet and there are a bunch of different ways to interpret how someone is saying something; I was just trying to be direct and to the point without being preachy. If offense was taken, then my bad that wasn't the intent of my post.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Thanks, I'm glad its not just me, I didn't think I was an ass with what I said. I'm not trying to be a d*ck here and I mentioned that I know you're from Australia so the rules are different. Over there I understand that when you talk cigars CCs are just part of the discussion. Over here in the states its bad form to mention that kind of stuff on a public forum. There was no malice intended, and I said word of caution because on many forums here your account can be suspended or permanently removed for sharing CC sources. I don't have my panties in a bunch over here and I understand that it is the internet and there are a bunch of different ways to interpret how someone is saying something; I was just trying to be direct and to the point without being preachy. If offense was taken, then my bad that wasn't the intent of my post.
I know shake personally...he's a dick :)

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
cigarplace.biz to the best of my knowledge is NC only. Brands like Cohiba and Montecristo that are listed on their site are actually NC brands and are owned by Altadis. They are not the CC brands that made the names famous. However, the other site that you mentioned does sell both NC and CC and that is why I said something and starred it out of my quote.

I'm not trying to be an ass the only reason I said something was to raise your awareness of the situation. Telling me to relax isn't necessary as I am relaxed about it and in re-reading my quote I don't think I was out of line and I certainly didn't go off or anything like that. I was just trying to give you a heads up on American cigar forum etiquette. Many other sites have people who are actual assholes who would put you on blast and fill your inbox with nasty stuff and then you'd be banned, but this is a pretty good online community and that doesn't happen around here. I just wanted to make sure that you were aware is all. No offense was intended. I just saw that you've only been around for approximately a month and thought I would fill you in. In time, more parts of the site will open up to be available to you and you can discuss CCs more in depth in some of those areas.

Slauncher,
Cass Malec

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I know shake personally...he's a dick :)
If enough people tell you that you're a dick then its gotta be true. Hell, I take pride in it now. But keep talking shit and you'll end up with a bunch of ticking treasures in your mailbox.
Lol, I accept I'm an a-hole, wife tells me all the time

Rating - 95.5%
24   1   0
cigarplace.biz to the best of my knowledge is NC only. Brands like Cohiba and Montecristo that are listed on their site are actually NC brands and are owned by Altadis. They are not the CC brands that made the names famous. However, the other site that you mentioned does sell both NC and CC and that is why I said something and starred it out of my quote.

I'm not trying to be an ass the only reason I said something was to raise your awareness of the situation. Telling me to relax isn't necessary as I am relaxed about it and in re-reading my quote I don't think I was out of line and I certainly didn't go off or anything like that. I was just trying to give you a heads up on American cigar forum etiquette. Many other sites have people who are actual assholes who would put you on blast and fill your inbox with nasty stuff and then you'd be banned, but this is a pretty good online community and that doesn't happen around here. I just wanted to make sure that you were aware is all. No offense was intended. I just saw that you've only been around for approximately a month and thought I would fill you in. In time, more parts of the site will open up to be available to you and you can discuss CCs more in depth in some of those areas.

Slauncher,
Cass Malec
As my grandmother use to say, you do good, you do no good. Coney Island logic I guess.its nice that an older member is looking out for a noob. Problem is, is everyone is so sensitive.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I now buy most of my cigars from Famous. I've never had a problem with these folks (except for the Mi Barrios), and the cigars are as advertised. For many years, I used to buy most of my cigars from CI/Cbid, until, (a) I was burned with "not exactly as advertised" cigars, and (b) they banned me from their forum for telling the truth about what they where doing. If it's a current production cigar, still shown on the manufacturer's web site, you're probably getting the real deal. With that said, CI has a nasty habit of buying the rights to discontinued labels, slapping them on dog rockets, and passing them off as the original. If you see a discontinued, highly rated, once expensive cigar going there for cheap, you can pretty much assume that it's now a CI owned label, produced to CI's specs. In my personal opinion, these include the entire La Perla (Black Pearl) line, many of their Gurkhas, and the Torano Noventa, to name a few. Just a word of caution.

I know that many here shun the place, but I used to get great deals off of Thompson's Auction site. Things like $83 boxes of Undercrowns, $6 - $7 PAM 64s, $100 boxes of BS Maddies and $2 Tat Havana IV Nobels to name a few. I even got a box of Flor de las Antillas once for $54. But sadly, the word eventually got out, and bids went way up.

Last edited:

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I know this is an older thread but rather than start a new one I'll just ask my question here. As I stated in my initial introduction I started this cigar journey with the discovery of a cigar.com catalog that was in a pile of magazines. I went online and found their website to be very user friendly and organized and like most online retailers they had a selection of cigars that was enough to make any noobs head spin. I always received my orders in a timely manner and was given courteous customer service when I needed it. I just never hear anyone ever mention them. I've seen talk of others like CI, Thompsons and obviously the sponsor stores but never cigar.com. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I mean, are they Nazis, Communists, Lepper's, Aliens. Is it the "site that shall not be named" That last part I say in jest but I am curious to know.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As we all do this in life, I think buying Cigars is really no different. Each person builds a loyalty to a business based on their experience. Not always, but I believe that to be a part of the decision we make. Example.....I ordered some Jericho Hill today from a shop in California because he has always treated me right, fast shipping, good packing, etc. He even emailed me and told me I forgot to use the 10% code! That is great service and those kind of things make me run back to an online retailer.

So to your question....cigars.com might not be mentioned a lot, but they have done something for someone that make them keep going back! I am in the retail business (not cigars) and that is how I make my living. Carving out a piece of the population in my town....serving their needs better than anyone else....building loyalty....growing my business.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Regardless of where you buy online, wouldn't you want to let the smoke reacclimatize to whatever area you're in? From what I have read online from several different message boards and things of that sort, for every suspected travel day, two days of humidor rest, that way, the smoke gets to the humidity that you prefer and has the time to rest. Who knows, by the time a smoke gets to you, it could have 93% humidity.
Exactly and this has a ton of merit as to the 'conditioning' of our cigars. What better way to enjoy what we buy than to put it in OUR own humidors at a RH that we want. Yes, it might take awhile but for what we pay for them why not smoke them when they are at their best?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I know this is an older thread but rather than start a new one I'll just ask my question here. As I stated in my initial introduction I started this cigar journey with the discovery of a cigar.com catalog that was in a pile of magazines. I went online and found their website to be very user friendly and organized and like most online retailers they had a selection of cigars that was enough to make any noobs head spin. I always received my orders in a timely manner and was given courteous customer service when I needed it. I just never hear anyone ever mention them. I've seen talk of others like CI, Thompsons and obviously the sponsor stores but never cigar.com. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I mean, are they Nazis, Communists, Lepper's, Aliens. Is it the "site that shall not be named" That last part I say in jest but I am curious to know.
Thought technically different owners, CI and Cigar.com share the same warehouse and inventory. Cigar.com portrays itself as a classier (and sometimes more expensive) version of CI. Since the warehouse and inventory are the same, the warnings I gave in post #34 about CI/Cbid also apply to Cigar.com.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Don't think they're Nazi's/Lepper's/Alien's. :nodlaugh: I just think CI/CCOM get lumped together most of the time since they're "sister sites" owned by the same company (Swedish Match/General Cigar)