• Get the Cab!!

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Stick with 2 boxes for less!

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hey brothers!

Haven't seen a poll on here for awhile (That wasn't a BOTM poll) so I thought I could fill the void.

I'm looking at buying up some Bolivar Petite Coronas.

My question is, is it worth the up charge to buy a cab? Or should I stick with two boxes of 25?

It is quite the upcharge for the cab, some I'm just wondering if it is worth it. If I did 2 boxes, 1 would be for the near future and one would be put to a long sleep

Thanks for the input as always brothers!!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I went through the same thing. Ultimately, I went with two separate boxes.
Upon asking people I trust, I was told the extra money is because the sticks are often (not always) slightly better quality than the standard boxes... and that they age better.

For my purposes, neither one was worth the extra money to me. The "standard" versions were awesome for my palate, and I was not planning on keeping them long enough for serious aging (most were given away as gifts).

If that info is correct, and those are qualities worth a little extra to you... go with the cab. If those don't fit your requirements or preferences, go with the two boxes.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I'm in love with every cab I've ever bought. RASS, Lusis, Shorts.... Not only for aging potential but also for aesthetics. Also that gold ribbon wheel gets me everytime! Having the cigars come round and not box pressed is also a bonus imo.
Jfire

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I'm guessing he's referring to the fact that some sticks in cabs are indented from the ribbon?( Mainly thinner RGs.) Which imo makes them even sexier........

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I know what you mean. I look at pictures of cabs and I just get a half chub. I have a slb10 of epi especial and I love it. Gonna be tough. Thanks for the input so far guys! Keep it coming!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I always go for the cab....besides being sexier, I have aged both personally, and had significantly better results with the cab version.

And the ligature indented cigars? Somehow, magically, always the best cigar in the cab.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Idk I don't have a lot of experience at all with CC's but 42$ is a lot to me for them just being in a cab. But someday when I am older/have our careers set...that might change. I think it's a matter or you personally decideing if the pros are worth the dough.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Idk I don't have a lot of experience at all with CC's but 42$ is a lot to me for them just being in a cab. But someday when I am older/have our careers set...that might change. I think it's a matter or you personally decideing if the pros are worth the dough.
But if the cab is a fair amount older then I would pay the difference in a second.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
But if the cab is a fair amount older then I would pay the difference in a second.
This.

The box BPC's I just got are damn nice looking though, I can't imagine how much nicer the cab ones could be.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
If you are serious about long term aging, get the Cab. Cigars age better in cabs. If you think you are going to burn through 50 of them in the next 15 months get boxes.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
This.

The box BPC's I just got are damn nice looking though, I can't imagine how much nicer the cab ones could be.

(Nick next time lets get a cab of PLPC in the future) Everyone is starting to make me see the light on cabs....It seems there are a lot of pros for sure. Pibby maybe check around for a better deal.... or are cabs just generally more than buying two boxes?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Icehog:
"Somehow they're always the tastiest of the bunch!"
Couldn't agree more!
USE MAR 08.
Look at the bend on that sucker towards the head!