What's new

Cabaiguan El Guapo

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
It was a good mail day. Got a 5er of the Cabby El Guapo and a few Illusione cigars to try. Okay, now who's in for a box split of the Cabs??
Probably want to take it to the trading room, read and follow the rules, and list a price.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Personally, I hope those Cabaiguans TOTALLY SUCK....because supposedly, they are a "test product", and if they are good and the market doesn't react poorly to them, then all of the Cabaiguan production might be moved from Miami to Nicaragua.

Bastiches!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Personally, I hope those Cabaiguans TOTALLY SUCK....because supposedly, they are a "test product", and if they are good and the market doesn't react poorly to them, then all of the Cabaiguan production might be moved from Miami to Nicaragua.

Bastiches!
Been testing them quite a while then.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Tried one of these this morning. I know CWS, I broke the one month rule, but I couldn't help it. Actually though, the cigar seemed very well acclimated already. You could definately tell it was a Cabaiguan, but the SG wrapper made it a little spicier and a med to full strength instead of mild to med. They go from a super morning smoke to a great after dinner smoke Also, I've always felt that even though regular Cabs were fairly one demensional, they stand well on taste alone. Well throw that out with these. There is great taste and complexity here. This one is a must for Cabaiguan lovers. Will be very interested to see how these age and weather or not they are the next 858 Rosado. :jitb:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Tried one of these this morning. I know CWS, I broke the one month rule, but I couldn't help it. Actually though, the cigar seemed very well acclimated already. You could definately tell it was a Cabaiguan, but the SG wrapper made it a little spicier and a med to full strength instead of mild to med. They go from a super morning smoke to a great after dinner smoke Also, I've always felt that even though regular Cabs were fairly one demensional, they stand well on taste alone. Well throw that out with these. There is great taste and complexity here. This one is a must for Cabaiguan lovers. Will be very interested to see how these age and weather or not they are the next 858 Rosado. :jitb:
Shit. Another Pepin to try. I really like the standard cab. That beast looks beatiful. Thanks for the review.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
You know, I heard from my vendor hear in San Antonio that Cabaiguan was releasing a sun grown cigar as part of a new line coming out after RTDA, that was going to be reg production. Is this not it??? I know I read the guapo was a test cigar, so now Im a little confused. Anybody know whats up with this?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
It was a good mail day. Got a 5er of the Cabby El Guapo and a few Illusione cigars to try. Okay, now who's in for a box split of the Cabs??
I went looking at that site but didnt realize it was in CA. Big tax for an in state purchase. Sad. Nice looking cigars.