What's new

Cabaiguan Guapos Maduro jr. vs. La Riqueza No. 5

Which is better?

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
No. 5 by a long shot and if it's the cabinet round... ALL DAY!

Cabinet No. 5 (Round) is one of my favorite sticks they do...

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I'm shocked! Don't get me wrong - I love La Ricky's, but the Cab Mad Jr is greaat!!
I think that they are damn near close in components anyway - just different poportions?, the wrapper on the Cab is just a darker/richer version than the LR. I get much more consistancy in the Cab's than the LR's too (the burn & draw is always perfect).

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I voted Cabinet No.5s.

I have had a Cab Guap Mad recently and it didn't seem like the same cigar when they originally released the cab maduros. The wrapper was WAY darker. In fact I might still have a picture around comparing my Cab maduro to a regular guapo jr and there was barely a distinction. Now on the other hand the wrappers are super dark on the cab maduros.

Now I'll have to go buy a new Jr or RX to compare. I'll even go one further. I'll get a regular cab, a guap(have), OR cab mad (have em), and a new cab mad. I might even have some regular cabs. I have to look in the humi.

Last edited:

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Love the La Riqueza but never had a Cabaiguan Maduro so I can't really vote but it would have to be pretty damn good to beat the La Ricky.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
If you guys have any La Rickys that have less then a year, do yourself a favor and let them sit for a couple years. I have a couple left from a 07 batch still. Sunny Jim is all I'll say.:hearteyes
Justin

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I voted Cabinet No.5s.

I have had a Cab Guap Mad recently and it didn't seem like the same cigar when they originally released the cab maduros. The wrapper was WAY darker. In fact I might still have a picture around comparing my Cab maduro to a regular guapo jr and there was barely a distinction. Now on the other hand the wrappers are super dark on the cab maduros.

Now I'll have to go buy a new Jr or RX to compare. I'll even go one further. I'll get a regular cab, a guap(have), OR cab mad (have em), and a new cab mad. I might even have some regular cabs. I have to look in the humi.
When the factory first started grading the wrappers for Cab Maduros, they were using the lighter shades of Broadleaf and the darker ones on some La Riqueza. I had to ask them to do an extra color selection to use the lighter shades on the La Riqueza and the darker shades on the Cab Maduro.. The way both cigars are suppose to look....Hope this helps.....