What's new

%&*!!#$% Cable TV companies

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Just another reason to avoid the damn cable companies ... :cursing:

-------------------------------------
Yahoo News - Thu Jan 31, 5:24 PM ET

Tornado victim billed for cable devices

WHEATLAND, Wis. - Having a tornado demolish her home was bad enough. But when Ann Beam received a $2,000 cable bill a few weeks later, she was floored. "I just couldn't believe it," Beam said. "I was like, 'What are they thinking?'"

Time Warner Cable billed a number of Wheatland residents for equipment destroyed in the Jan. 7 twister that struck the southeast corner of the state. Beam's bill covered five cable boxes and five remote controls.

She immediately called the cable company, but a man who identified himself as a manager said there was nothing the company could do.

"They said I would have to take the bill and turn it in to my insurance company," Beam said.

But her cable equipment was nine years old, and the insurance company would pay only a depreciated value that wouldn't cover her bill, she said.

Time Warner Cable spokeswoman Celeste Flynn said many customers got charged for unreturned equipment because they canceled or transferred their service without mentioning their requests were tornado-related.

"We understand this is an unusual situation," Flynn said Wednesday. "All they will need to do is call and we will take the equipment off their account."

A message left for the cable company by The Associated Press early Thursday afternoon was not immediately returned.

Rare winter tornadoes that destroyed more than two dozen homes and damaged nearly 80 others in Kenosha County on Jan. 7. The damage was estimated at $18 million.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I would say screw you and cancel them all together. I am about to pull the plug and go DirecTV. I would switch the internet if Verizon would get to this side of town.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I love that game, what's it called, oh yea, Monopoly.

I'm glad there are some options such as DirecTV and Verizon FIOS.

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
wow i live in wisconsin and that was on my birthday and i never heard anything about a tornado. well what can you do. damn cable companies we have dish network.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
TIME WARNER SUCKS FAT ONES

Our county is divided by Time Warner in the north and Cox Communications in the south. I have spoken to anyone who says they like Time Warner. from the acctual cable service to the customer service they hate it. I have Cox and am not sure I can say this with out sounding gay, but I LOVE COX!!!!

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
dpricenator who proclaimed in a loud and manly voice said:
I have Cox and am not sure I can say this with out sounding gay, but I LOVE COX!!!!
I think you failed miserably .... :rofl:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Dumped cable after they charged me $250 to run it from the street to the house in Grand Rapids, MI in the winter. They got lazy and cut across the corner of the driveway. First snow plow and zap. Gone for a week. Dishnetwork all the way.