What's new

Cain Daytona

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
So... is anybody else as excited about these as I am???

I am most excited that they saw fit to make these in the smaller vitolas that some of us love so much. I picked up a couple of the 6x46 coronas and a 5x43 No. 4 at the local B&M last night. I am stuck at work and jonesin' to smoke one of em. Alas I have to wait :tongueout

I saw one review posted and it has got my mouth watering. Anybody else tried these yet?? What did you think??

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Had a few puffs of one. Awesome taste. All Jalapa ligero really changes things up. There's a grassy cubanesque or davidoff-like twang that is very different from Oliva's other stuff. Got a corona to smoke tonight!

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
cain f is about the only one i've cared for. however, the daytona was pretty tasty. a little toned down f with more balance. and have to say the f lancero was nice as well

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
In my opinion the Daytona has complexity and flavors the Cain F doesn't....but I still smoke a chit load of them! :cbig:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had one last night. The first one was plugged, but the B&M replaced it and the second one smoked perfectly.

I enjoyed it. At $5 for a quality corona like this, I might be smoking a bunch of these.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Sounds like an interesting cigar! I wasnt a huge fan of the original Cain but enjoyed a few of the Fs. Ill have to give this one a shot if I come across them.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just bought a corona here at Outlaw. They tell me it has a lot more flavor than the original Cain. Looking forward to sparking it up.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I was going to ask if these are the Cain cigars that were scheduled for release this year and described as "the milder side of Cain", but seeing that it's another all-ligero blend, I'm guessing this isn't it.

Still, I'd be anxious to try them. I wasn't too big on the Cain 'F', but it seems pretty unanimous that these are better.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Haven't heard of these until now...

I'm an Oliva fan but I've never made the effort to try a Cain. My father had some he kept in my humidor for a while, it's just the sizes on Cain's are a bit larger than I prefer. But if these have a Petite Corona as some people say, I'm game.

EDIT: Saw they make a Robusto. Will have to keep an eye out for a box split or something!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My B&M had the Daytona a few weeks ago and i had the corona. It was a good cigar and would like to try some of the other sizes , just to see.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I was going to ask if these are the Cain cigars that were scheduled for release this year and described as "the milder side of Cain", but seeing that it's another all-ligero blend, I'm guessing this isn't it.

Still, I'd be anxious to try them. I wasn't too big on the Cain 'F', but it seems pretty unanimous that these are better.
Yes it is the one that is a little on the milder side, same ligero filler with a different wrapper, thus the milder (more medium body) claim.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Had one last night @ the B&M. It was a little lighter in flavor. But if you like the Cain general profile, this is a nice change of pace.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my local B&M's sent out an email that they now have these in stock. They have a Roxor event next Saturday. The event will be a good time to go up there, ignore the Roxors and buy a few Daytonas.