What's new

Cain F lancero: no more.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
The article was posted April first. No way this is real
The news cannot wait until a specific day to publish. This is a real news story.

We might screw with reviews on April 1st (by posting reviews we would not normally, not with the info), but we do not screw with the news on the site.
News might not wait to publish, but with anything on the internet on 4/1 i take it with a grain of salt. Wasn't questioning your journalistic integrity.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
The article was posted April first. No way this is real
The news cannot wait until a specific day to publish. This is a real news story.

We might screw with reviews on April 1st (by posting reviews we would not normally, not with the info), but we do not screw with the news on the site.
News might not wait to publish, but with anything on the internet on 4/1 i take it with a grain of salt. Wasn't questioning your journalistic integrity.
No worries, just wanted to make sure people knew it was real :)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not that I'm a Lancero fan but I get sick and tired of seeing good cigars being discontinued esp. when there is a good fan base. I've seen it with several brands and vitolas and it can be difficult at best to hunt them down and buy them by the box when the word gets out. I usually will let any brand come out for a year before I give them my stamp of approval because "new cigars" just aren't proven...they are advertised by the manufacturer and then the advertising follows and then those who get free cigars from them will hop on the bandwagon and exploit the cigar because it's out and out 'payola'....there are a few Reviewers I trust but by and large most will schil for the manufacturers and I'd rather trust my own tastes. Having said that it behooves the hobbyist to try a few singles of new brands over a specific time period to get a true sense of the taste over 6 to 9 months and if it survives my tastes then I'll buy boxes. If I hear that a favorite of mine might be disappearing then I'll buy several boxes as I have done this over the years. I still have boxes of those brands that went bye bye but I still have them..probably a dozen of them at least.