What's new

Call of Duty (Ghosts) Worth it?

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I want some input on this game. I haven't bought it yet and wondered if any other brothers have? Is it worth the money and how is the game play?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
It's the most fun I've had with COD since MW2 (which was my favorite).

That said, the negatives:
-Maps are huge with quirky spawns. It's impossible to check all of the corners. You frequently get shot in the back.
-You can kill people quite quickly. That also means you die quite quickly.
-People don't "pop" on the screen as much as previous games. They're slightly harder to see.
-Lag compensation seems to be slightly more noticeable in this game.

I'm only at Level 20 though, so I don't have enough time to form a concrete opinion.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
How is the campaign? Multiplayers are usually all the same.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The campaign is.. disappointing. Though, because Infinity Ward lost half their staff and their lead designers when they went to make Respawn Studios which is making Titanfall... That isn't surprising.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The game is selling quite well, but the campaign isn't nearly as good as the Black Ops 2 one. Disappointing. But let's not forget that Infinity Wars lost half their team, and their lead designers when they went off to make Titanfall at Respawn Studios, so quite honestly for them to have made a poor game isn't that surprising.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I bit and bought it when Amazon had it on special for $40 over the weekend. We'll see how it is. Plenty of folks still on Black Ops II if I don't like it.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've played online and the maps are big which I like but too may times get spawned in front of an opposing foe and immediately shot. It's still a run and gun game which I don't like. MW2 allowed for the run and gun but also for the player like me who likes to snipe. Ghost no so much. Maps are big but can't get cover. It's just ok.

jdwaynes: You mention Battlefield 4. Do you have a ps3, xbox or one of the newer ps4 or xbox? I have a ps3 and heard the battlefield 4 is just ok on the ps3.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My biggest complaint is the spawns as noted above.

I like the bigger maps and the need for sights up shooting. I also like that players don't pop out, more realistic. Definately makes you play slower and more tactical...I hate run and gun.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I honestly think CoD has been downward spiral since after World at War. CoD4 was the peak of the franchise, at least in my opinion. Maps were all well balanced, weapons and perks were balanced, killstreaks weren't absolutely ridiculous. I've always been a big believer that simple, well thought-out design creates complex gameplay. My big issue with MW2 was that there was just too much stuff going on with killstreaks and perks, and none of it was really all that well implemented. It really put a cap on how much depth the gameplay had.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I think the spawns can be fixed by a update/patch? :dunno: I recall that being a problem with Black Ops 2 at first as well.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I honestly think CoD has been downward spiral since after World at War. CoD4 was the peak of the franchise, at least in my opinion. Maps were all well balanced, weapons and perks were balanced, killstreaks weren't absolutely ridiculous. I've always been a big believer that simple, well thought-out design creates complex gameplay. My big issue with MW2 was that there was just too much stuff going on with killstreaks and perks, and none of it was really all that well implemented. It really put a cap on how much depth the gameplay had.
Black Ops 2 really improved on the story, much better than most others, though I wasn't fond of the older style combat scenarios.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
spawns are an easy patch in reality. they're most likely tracking the game play and will address it in the future. Blackops received a similar patch.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Black Ops 2 really improved on the story, much better than most others, though I wasn't fond of the older style combat scenarios.
I actually really disagree. I think the BO and BO II story lines were amongst the worst in the series. COD4s story/multiplayer was for sure my favorite.

Few thins were better than a G3 and G36 combo! Aaaaah brings back college memories. Lol

But to answer the OPs question, I have yet to play it, but my understanding is the maps are big due to the next gens player cap being upped. They horseshoed in the spawn points for the old gen limitations. At least that was what I was told. Again, I have yet to play it

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually really disagree. I think the BO and BO II story lines were amongst the worst in the series. COD4s story/multiplayer was for sure my favorite.

Few thins were better than a G3 and G36 combo! Aaaaah brings back college memories. Lol

But to answer the OPs question, I have yet to play it, but my understanding is the maps are big due to the next gens player cap being upped. They horseshoed in the spawn points for the old gen limitations. At least that was what I was told. Again, I have yet to play it
I'm judging based on how high a quality the story had, what the immersion was, whether it was enjoyable or not, and how realistic the military story was presented. Call of Duty 4? No, Modern Warfare would be the point where the stories got good in my opinion and most of those that play it, but Black Ops 2 had a lot of good things.. the minigames not being one of them.

Ghosts had a terribly short and unrealistic story.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Cod 4 was modern warfare 1. So that through MW3 was one of the best story lines and were the best games IMO.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ghosts campaign was fun. I had a good time with it. Until the ending. Boy do they always know how to ruin something