What's new

Calling all photogs

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Brethren I need a digital camera any words of advice or recommendations? I want some thing light weight that's easy to carry. Your help as always will be much appreciated.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Linda has a Sony Cybershot 7.2 megapixel something or other that takes just freakin' awesome pictures. It's small, easy to use and has a lot of nice features. You can pick one up round here for about $130.00

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Nikon is the way to go get the coolpix if you want a light weight one. just pick a model with all the features you want. or you could go all out and get a D90 that would be awesome

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Cannon PowerShot Elph SD630 and it takes incredible pictures. It has a huge display screen and is easy to use. It also has a lot of macros for taking various types of pictures.

My 2¢

D

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Canon Powershot Elph, and Canon G9/G10 are phenomenal point and shoot cameras, many people in the industry use them.

Canon, Canon, Canon.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i'm a canon person, too. i have a rebel for the lenses, etc. then i have an elph for point and shoot ease. you really can't go wrong with any of the big name brands. heck i even had a kodak that took good pics. i'd say if you can stay in the vicinity of 8 megapixels, image stabilization and decent optical zoom you should be fine.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Linda has a Sony Cybershot 7.2 megapixel something or other that takes just freakin' awesome pictures. It's small, easy to use and has a lot of nice features. You can pick one up round here for about $130.00
Got a model number??

Nikon is the way to go get the coolpix if you want a light weight one. just pick a model with all the features you want. or you could go all out and get a D90 that would be awesome
I have a Cannon PowerShot Elph SD630 and it takes incredible pictures. It has a huge display screen and is easy to use. It also has a lot of macros for taking various types of pictures.

My 2¢

D
Canon Powershot Elph, and Canon G9/G10 are phenomenal point and shoot cameras, many people in the industry use them.

Canon, Canon, Canon.
I have both a Canon Elph (2-3 years old, an SD400?) and a Canon Rebel XSi. Both are great cameras, but the Elph is much more convenient for snapshots. Also, check out the new Canon G10. It's bigger than the Elph, but looks like a great compact camera:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong10/
WOW! people love their Canons.. they were my first choice but with the ton of models available was simply confused with what to go for. Thank you guys for the recommendations will look into those models.

get any good DSLR and you wwont be disappointed
Too big and bulky for casual shots.

I have a olympus that's waterproof to like 13 feet. It's small and has good battery life. It even takes half decent photos if you get good at screwing with the point and shoot settings. Taking underwater pictures is definitely cool.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1287

That's a sweet camera wish it was available here don't know what I'd shoot underwater but being a gadget whore that's too tempting.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
They have the mju series but apparently SW models aren't available which blows considering Olympus does have authorised reps here and the support is generally good.